Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: New Member Checking In
Sanzomat

posted on 17/10/20 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
New Member Checking In

Hi All. I've been lurking round reading quite a few threads so thought I should probably register. I've recently bought a Locost 7 that has been off the road for several years so I thought I'd introduce myself and the car and maybe some of you might be able to tell me something of the car's history as I guess most people building them will find their way here.
The car appears to be mostly standard Ron Champion for the front three quarters but has a Sierra derived IRS rear. It has an R1 bike engine. It is registered on an age related 1988 plate so I'm assuming must have been "single donor" to avoid a Q so I can only assume it was a Sierra donor and the R1 came later. V5 says "Racing Design Works" but I guess Locost builders get to choose what the “make” is.
So, is this car known to anyone? From the (minimal) paperwork it looks like it was built/SVA'd circa 2002 with the R1 engine going in maybe 2004. It is darkish blue. As far as I can tell it has been South West England based for most of its life with previous addresses being Shepton Mallet and Chippenham. I'd love to know more of its history.
Cheers, Dave

gremlin1234

posted on 17/10/20 at 01:33 PM Reply With Quote
can you post a photo?
either on this site (sometimes difficult)
or via imgbb https://imgbb.com/ and use their 'bbcode' to show them here

roadrunner

posted on 17/10/20 at 01:33 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome Dave.

If you could upload some photos it help with the identification.

Brad

Sanzomat

posted on 17/10/20 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote

doesn't seem easy to add pictures!

There is a bonnet! Car is currently at Track Developments as the suspension geometry is all wrong and will need alterations to get it right as not enough adjustment - must have been a handful to drive with rear +ve camber and toe out, significant increase in +ve camber in bump and lots of bump steer on the front. Front track is 200mm narrower than rear too - standard length Sierra driveshafts make the rear rather wide! All sortable but will need alterations/remaking of wishbones and moving of some of the pick-ups.

[Edited on 17/10/20 by Sanzomat]

roadrunner

posted on 17/10/20 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote
You seem to know your stuff.
Nice project for you.
Good luck 👍

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.