Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: brakes - opinion needed
xico_ze54

posted on 18/1/06 at 09:30 PM Reply With Quote
brakes - opinion needed

please take a look at that photo and tell me if there is any problem by putting that piece (I don't know its name in english - may be "distributer" so close to the cylinder.

Amadeu Rescued attachment repartidor-01-2.jpg
Rescued attachment repartidor-01-2.jpg

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
britishtrident

posted on 18/1/06 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
Looks to me pressure regulating valve of some type. Where it goes dosen't matter as long as it correctly connected with correct port going to the rear cylinders --- but with some valves of this type it is very important that they are mounted at the correct angle and direction.

We would really need to to more about what parts you are using and how you have conected the system.

[Edited on 18/1/06 by britishtrident]

nick205

posted on 19/1/06 at 09:16 AM Reply With Quote
I do not see a problem with the pipe route you show, but it does look like the exhaust manifold passes very close. This may cause you problems with overheating the brake fluid - have you thought about fitting heat insulation to the manifold?

HTH
Nick

xico_ze54

posted on 19/1/06 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
a friend told me, later in the night, that kind of device is not needed is case of using 2 separate cylinders, with balance bar (my case).
it only be needed when the cylinder is a tandem type (like Toyota donor) and the regulator is used for not block rear wheels before front ones.
I ask: in my case the rear brake circuit is completely separated from the front one, so do I have the need to use that regulator?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
britishtrident

posted on 19/1/06 at 03:47 PM Reply With Quote
No, not required just set the brake bias bar so the front wheels lock first.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.