Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: New Indy........
Jon Ison

posted on 16/3/07 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
New Indy........

Got a chance too drive one today.....

Impressed, big improvement on the old chassis.

mookaloid

posted on 16/3/07 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Jon,

How do the changes change the feel of the car - or where does the change show? - if you get my meaning

cheers

Mark

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

Jon Ison

posted on 16/3/07 at 05:04 PM Reply With Quote
It felt much better in corners, took a couple of work colleagues for a spin, we was passing, they now both have new hair styles and have just about pushed their eyes back in after reading the speed round a couple of nice S bends.

Felt a much all round better chassis too me.

graememk

posted on 16/3/07 at 05:11 PM Reply With Quote
i want one of them now

MikeR

posted on 16/3/07 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
could it be put down to better quality components than the indy's you've driven precviously (still in work mode, ruling out the alternatives before we all give it the big thumbs up it probably is)
matt.c

posted on 16/3/07 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by graememk
i want one of them now

Im getting one!!!

nick205

posted on 16/3/07 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
John - aside from the obvious inboard front shock arrangement, are there any major mechanical changes or is it more a case of development/refinement of the old chassis/geometry?

Not wanting to start a debate over the relative merits of different designs, just interested to know what's different

Jon Ison

posted on 16/3/07 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
1st, I'm no expert.

The chassis definitely looks "stiffer" than the old one, the suspension is definitely improved too.

What I'd like too do, maybe need too talk too Phil n Baz is drive the car around Donnington in anger as I know what lap times I could achieve in the old chassis, (again don't claim too be an expert but it would be a fair comparison with the same driver)

The car I drove earlier today gave much more confidence on or near the limit, the old one is more than a capable car for the money though, but the new one is definitely an improvement, that's what progress is all about.

It did have its faults but that was more down too the build I guess, I didn't like the gear change, I struggled too see over the aero screen, well not struggle but it restricted the view, I like too see the front wheels, the seat moved about a bit (that I don't like) apart from that great.

All in a step forward.

PAUL FISHER

posted on 17/3/07 at 12:26 AM Reply With Quote
I was lucky enough to drive the car in anger late last year at donnington,and again I am no expert,but had driven the old MK Indy cars around donnington before,so I could compare each cars merits,I was more than impressed with the improved handling of the car,and I was laping faster,than I ever had in the old chassis after just a couple of laps,the car just inspires you with that much confidence,it realy doe's feel that good. I was so impressed with the advantage over the old Indy,I decided to build one
mandbsheldon

posted on 17/3/07 at 07:31 AM Reply With Quote
Paul, was that just after you tried to redesign the chassis of your old car yourself?

Leigh

PAUL FISHER

posted on 17/3/07 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
If you don't crash a few times,you aint trying

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.