New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone got any info on this trike style quad thing
Duncan_P

posted on 20/4/07 at 05:11 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone got any info on this trike style quad thing

Saw this at Detling...

Wierd trike style quad
Wierd trike style quad

I thought it was quite cool in a quirky kind of way. Does anyone have any info on it? There was no-one about when i walked past (I didnt do well at catching people that i wanted to speak to at all)

graememk

posted on 20/4/07 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
how strange, but in a way i like it.

Duncan_P

posted on 20/4/07 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
Yer its...

.....rather impractical

......a little pointless

......comparable performance probably isnt that great

.....looks a little strange

But the more i look at the more i seem to like it, maybe i should take my medication

russbost

posted on 20/4/07 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
The owner built it as a one-off, Nitram knows him & can no doubt offer more info.
It is simply the motorbike centre chunk, 1:1 steering via the handlebars thro car style suspension at the front with a diff at the back. He told me it didn't need SVA??? which didn't seem right to me (i would have thought it would go thro quadricycle SVA).
He originally built it as an off roader, but hasn't really got enough suspension travel for that. Have to say I may be barmy but I don't think I'll be building one!

& how dare you not take a pic of my Furore it was just behind & to the side of that thingy & much prettier! I can see Nitrams rear wing in the back of your shot! I think my car is hidden by the crowd of people standing behind the Libra.

[Edited on 20/4/07 by russbost]

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Duncan_P

posted on 20/4/07 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by russbost

& how dare you not take a pic of my Furore it was just behind & to the side of that thingy & much prettier! I can see Nitrams rear wing in the back of your shot! I think my car is hidden by the crowd of people standing behind the Libra.

[Edited on 20/4/07 by russbost]

Taking a pic of the Furore was not quite so easy as it seemed to always have people peering at it spoiling the shot but think i might have one somewhere.

Have to say it is a very impressive car, the quality of the bodywork is and the rear seating arrangement/cover is very clever

[Edited on 20/4/07 by Duncan_P]

t.j.

posted on 21/4/07 at 06:14 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by russbost
The owner built it as a one-off, Nitram knows him & can no doubt offer more info.
It is simply the motorbike centre chunk, 1:1 steering via the handlebars thro car style suspension at the front with a diff at the back. He told me it didn't need SVA??? which didn't seem right to me (i would have thought it would go thro quadricycle SVA).

Around here it would surely have to be approved.
A motorcylce has 2 wheels or 3 incl the sidecar
A tricylce has 3 or 4 if the engine has max. 15 kW and weight less than 400 kgs
A car has 4 or more .....

So in my opnion it is a weird looking car.
I would make a another frame.
And the "motorcyle-part" should roll like the carver. then i could like it.

http://www.carver-worldwide.com/Home/Index.asp?nc=1

[Edited on 21/4/07 by t.j.]

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.