Board logo

**What you doing this weekend?**
matt.c - 6/3/09 at 09:10 PM

What you up to then?

Im trying to earn enough browny points for some garage time.

tegwin - 6/3/09 at 09:14 PM

I am mostly going to be trying to re-fit the bonnet onto my TVR...

Some bright spark decided it would be a good idea to weld all of the adjusters, and then paint them....

How am I supposed to make it fit now you muppets!!!

coozer - 6/3/09 at 09:14 PM

As long as its not wet the morn I'll be hooning down to MNR to meet some new builders... vroooooommmmmmmm, bang, pop pop pop....

chris_smith - 6/3/09 at 09:14 PM

iv used all my brownie points up and im now racking them up in debt to get ready for sva in 2 weeks, once thats out of the way iv got some serious making up to do

this weekend ill not be away from the car finishing her off

chris

blakep82 - 6/3/09 at 09:15 PM

avoiding 'the fear' staying in, not drinking lol

RichardK - 6/3/09 at 09:17 PM

Hanging 4 new doors upstairs

Had a great day today though at Boggs

Cheers

Rich

tomgregory2000 - 6/3/09 at 09:18 PM

Working

Danozeman - 6/3/09 at 09:22 PM

Im looking after me 2 3/4 year old whilst trying fitting a new speedo pick up and magnet to get me speedo working to make the diss meet sunday.

Spent all week getting points up decorating so im alowd out.

speedyxjs - 6/3/09 at 09:24 PM

Replace rotted front wing on the kangoo, finish rebuilding new engine after finding replacement camshaft bolt, hopefully finish most of the welding on the chassis.

clairetoo - 6/3/09 at 09:30 PM

I'm hoping to finish off the parts to help put a Probe V6 into an Mx5 , then sort the lights on my Fury (just found my multimeter ) then off to a party
Probably have a hangover Sunday

flak monkey - 6/3/09 at 09:31 PM

Going to diss meet on sunday

Playing with engine tomorrow

Lol

rodders - 6/3/09 at 09:44 PM

Moving the final ton of gravel to the back of the house, moved three tons so far. Making two low stone walls to keep the gravel in place. Finishing building the massive fruit cage I made from scratch, 5m X 6m and 2m high. Digging three holes to put the runner bean poles support stands in.

After all that's done I'm going to look at my car and see what work needs to be done, make a list, and then find something else to do around the house/garden. I will also be finishing the bottle of whiskey I started this week.

I really need to stop finding distractions and do more work on the car.

Rhod

omega0684 - 6/3/09 at 09:46 PM

im down the doll office tomorrow to sign on

nib1980 - 6/3/09 at 09:46 PM

i'll be trying to decide weather to cut my bonnet for an airfilter, or not, and what other choice i have for my dcoes as a filter

welderman - 6/3/09 at 09:57 PM

failed the sva today,but promised wife and kids no kit car time for a while,so off shopping sat to ikea, then carpet shop for youngest daughters room, probably have tea out, then off to work on sunday to sort some of the sva fails out.

mistergrumpy - 6/3/09 at 10:04 PM

Off to have a look at Gavs car tomorrow ready for his SVA on Wednesday. Wash the tintop, paint the bathroom door (or not ) and a bit of fettling on my car. Loads to do really but weather seems to put a dampner on most of them.

serieslandy - 6/3/09 at 10:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by welderman
failed the sva today,but promised wife and kids no kit car time for a while,so off shopping sat to ikea, then carpet shop for youngest daughters room, probably have tea out, then off to work on sunday to sort some of the sva fails out.
Working, as I have just had my 'weekend'. Went to ikea today and bought a cheap display cabinet and a laptop stand.

Ben_Copeland - 6/3/09 at 10:06 PM

Sat.. bit of plastering, bit of working on someone elses car.

Sun.. Lopping off the front suspension brackets and welding new ones on further back so i can get some self centring !!!

perksy - 6/3/09 at 10:18 PM

Sat : Out on the Mountain Bikes with Mrs Perksy

Sun: New BGH Gearbox is now in the Westy So time to concentrate on Painting/Detailing the Engine etc

Get ready for the Heatwave that We're gonna have this Summer

David Jenkins - 6/3/09 at 10:22 PM

Trying to find out why my car died totally last weekend, requiring a rescue vehicle to take it home...

In other words, undoing and re-connecting every connector in the loom!

Plus wiring in a new starter button - if CBS deliver in time.

Daddylonglegs - 6/3/09 at 10:25 PM

Sat: Feed horses, collect guages for kit, collect stones from mates house for our garden, burn some cut down trees, try and paint wishbones and chassis, feed horses.

Sun: Feed horses, carry on with chassis etc, burn some more trees, cut some logs for next door, rebuild diff and axle and paint (maybe), feed horses, ooops, almost forgot.......poo picking (horses that is) , COLLAPSE!

Not much really

Gav - 6/3/09 at 10:33 PM

Sat: Finishing car for SVA Wed
Sun: Finishing car for SVA Wed

Yes im getting ear ache from the missus

Fozzie - 6/3/09 at 10:35 PM

Making yet another Pingu/Pinga birthday cake for a little'uns birthday

Below, is one I made earlier ( last month)..LOL

Pingu Cake
Pingu Cake

Not had a blast on either my Sax(ophone) or clarinet for ages, so I might just please the neighbours

[Edited on 6-3-09 by Fozzie]

Ben_Copeland - 6/3/09 at 10:45 PM

16... bit old for pingu isnt she

daniel mason - 6/3/09 at 10:46 PM

nothing to do with cars. im going to watch the killers in sunny newcastle!!

Fozzie - 6/3/09 at 11:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ben_Copeland
16... bit old for pingu isnt she

nah......bless her......she has been on at me for another one since I did one for her when she was 2....
The next one is for her little bro who is 5 next week

mediabloke - 6/3/09 at 11:17 PM

Empty & sort out a load of boxes (just moved house).

Drop the oil on the Altea (that'll be fun - I haven't even looked where the filter is yet!!!) & Indy.

Keep an ear out for the 'phone - I'm on call.

Oh - and find a machine shop to get my EDIS trigger fitted to my crank pulley.

chris_harris_ - 6/3/09 at 11:47 PM

Just got back in from the garage, Dash all wired and lighting up now.
Off to the Mother in laws with the little on in the morning while the wife sleeps (nights)
Visit scrotes at rented house and tell them to, do one. (politely of course).
Start work on side panels tomorrow.
Sunday will be out with the boy again, and then to the pub in the afternoon, may do a bit more on the car in the evening.
Back to work for a 15 hour day Monday!!

gazza285 - 6/3/09 at 11:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by omega0684
im down the doll office tomorrow to sign on

Bummer.

eznfrank - 7/3/09 at 07:52 AM

I've amassed a mountain of brownie points in the last month - getting house finished before the missus birthday so she could have all her mates round for birthday lunch. Bit of a tip - if you've got the space, build your missus a walk in wardrobe - that's earned me like a bzillion brownie points.

So... Saturday - Indy, Sunday - Indy.

lsdweb - 7/3/09 at 09:19 AM

Stacks of DIY today (building up the points for when my chassis gets finished!).

Off to see Snow Patrol in concert tomorrow :-)

imp paul - 7/3/09 at 10:14 AM

well im going to apply for a new job today and spend a bit of time on my imp also have a beer or 2 with good pals sweet

Dangle_kt - 7/3/09 at 10:56 AM

I've got the joy of my 2 month old daughter and 18 month old son this morning.

Then off to a working farm type place, so the kids can stroke the animals etc.

After that its a lads night in with a few beers, pizza and fun on the new Wii Fit, xbox 360 and mario kart that the wife bought me for our anniversary. (she also got me a dewalt drill - WHAT A WOMAN!)

All in all, a good one

rodriguez - 7/3/09 at 10:58 AM

sat - need to plaster the ceilings in our hall, been promising to do it since december and ive finally run out of excuses
Sun - taking pics of my xr2 sprint car to put it up for sale . Although it is to help fund building kit .

DIY Si - 7/3/09 at 11:06 AM

Today, sat about lazing until 12, when I'm off out for a hoon with some biker mates so I can scrub my new boots in. Then hopefully a beer or two tonight. No idea what I'm up to tomorrow, although I should really try and get my mini started. The OH won't be happy either, since she's ill and wanting lots of attention.

flak monkey - 7/3/09 at 11:43 AM

Looks like I will be spending the rest of the day fixing my gts' engine mount!

Made my mind up for me about which car to take to Diss tomorrow though

chris.russell - 7/3/09 at 03:53 PM

Last night I went to a dinner at the Williams F1 place near Grove, Oxon which included a tour round their car museum.

wow!!!!

I’m not a big F1 fan but seeing the technology evolve over the years and the attention to detail is amazing. If you ever get the chance to go I can highly recommend it.

JUD - 7/3/09 at 05:05 PM

Sat: Finishing the "Man Room". Plasma, surround sound etc. Dumping all the crap that used to be in there - so several trips to the tip. Evening in the Pub and going to the village Am-Dram production, so I think I will need to be p1ssed for that.

Sun: Archery followed by shopping for SWMBO birthday present. Lunch out. Maybe a snooze in the afternoon . Meeting my 13 yo daughters boyfriend - so I will need to be suitably menacing

Martin

sebastiaan - 7/3/09 at 05:44 PM

I got old today...

Mowed my OWN lawn with my OWN mower for the very first time, and on top of that my wife discovered my very first grey hair. Needless to say it was removed quicker then you can derust a front upright with "the tool"...

The big three-zero is coming up for me this November. Better get a sportscar before that. O wait, I've got one already!

Stuart_B - 7/3/09 at 07:33 PM

i am making a new inlet manifold for my pinto, to go to bike carbs. and sunday still working on the inlet manifold. that is in when i am not at the pub, playing pool.

stuart