Board logo

God please tell me why, the metro based kit was bad enough.
spiderman01980 - 28/9/11 at 01:16 PM

HOMEBUILT RELIANT BASED TRIKE/KIT CAR, PROJECT,TAXED AND MOTED, DRIVE AWAY. | eBay

blue2cv - 28/9/11 at 01:20 PM

Oh my its had a bid, surely the guy that built it and the guy thats bid cant share a guide dog

jossey - 28/9/11 at 01:36 PM

£800.00 wtf.

looks brilliant.

:O)

MikeRJ - 28/9/11 at 01:36 PM

I think you are being cruel, it looks just like a Caterham.

mrwibble - 28/9/11 at 01:48 PM

and i thought the guy who put a spoiler on his robin round my way was a bit odd! Lovin' the "motorsport" decals...

ko_racer - 28/9/11 at 01:55 PM

I like the seats, look like old plastic school chairs

whitestu - 28/9/11 at 02:12 PM

quote:

I like the seats, look like old plastic school chairs

That's high tech compared to the plywood dash and tunnel!

designer - 28/9/11 at 02:32 PM

That has been in one of the kit car mags!!

bob - 28/9/11 at 02:43 PM

My eyes are stinging

Agriv8 - 28/9/11 at 02:50 PM

recon we need a top 10 of the 'Best' Worst kit cars on ebay I recon that would be viaing for number 1 position.

regards

Agriv8

shindha - 28/9/11 at 03:23 PM

At least he has one friend or two ebay accounts.

Humbug - 28/9/11 at 03:37 PM

"110 watchers"???!!! Why? How? Must be people with their tongues hanging out, aghast that someone could actually bid on it!

JohnH - 28/9/11 at 03:46 PM

OMG..........Is it a boat or a wheel barrow ? or both..................

steve m - 28/9/11 at 04:00 PM

The V5 would worth a few quid, well maybe £50

myke pocock - 28/9/11 at 04:03 PM

Point is, you hate it, I hate it but someone has used what ability they have to create something in the spirit of special building. It looks to have been built to a certain standard that is acceptable. I have seen some hopeless, poor quality and probably unsafe creations around on the Bay.

[Edited on 28/9/11 by myke pocock]

Dingz - 28/9/11 at 04:13 PM

I like the idea that the front wishbone mounting points are fitted so you could make it a 5 wheeler! rack would get a bit complicated though. Wonder what the V5 says?

stevegough - 28/9/11 at 04:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jossey
£800.00 wtf.

looks brilliant.

:O)

Well, jossey - you wanted a road legal chassis you could just put your bits on to save you IVAing - what are you waiting for???

iank - 28/9/11 at 05:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dingz
I like the idea that the front wishbone mounting points are fitted so you could make it a 5 wheeler! rack would get a bit complicated though. Wonder what the V5 says?

Probably an unmolested Robin chassis, so Reliant sports 2 seater or similar I'd expect.

dinosaurjuice - 28/9/11 at 05:25 PM

thanks to the 'motosport' decals, i now have tea on my monitor.

Confused but excited. - 28/9/11 at 05:42 PM

Based on the book 'How to build a Sports Car from old Canteen Chairs and Formica Table Tops and Sell It'.

Remember out there boys and girls; "There is one born every minute", so get cracking.

NeilP - 28/9/11 at 06:35 PM

Haaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaahaaaaaaaahaaaaaa.....

I've hurt myself laughing and the kids think I'm having a seizure - the skull gearknob is a classy touch.

Surprised he's not put a private plate on it?...

N.

Ninehigh - 28/9/11 at 07:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by myke pocock
Point is, you hate it, I hate it but someone has used what ability they have to create something in the spirit of special building. It looks to have been built to a certain standard that is acceptable. I have seen some hopeless, poor quality and probably unsafe creations around on the Bay.

Agreed.
Wouldn't buy it, but looks like a good effort and very well put together

Cubby - 28/9/11 at 07:15 PM

I notice it is fitted with an immobiliser ....... he must be optimistic !!!! LOL!!!

JoelP - 28/9/11 at 07:31 PM

It looks silly but there are definately worse cars out there!

blakep82 - 29/9/11 at 12:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
quote:
Originally posted by myke pocock

Agreed.
Wouldn't buy it, but looks like a good effort and very well put together

agree with that too, he's clearly very proud of it, and why not?
my car might not be to everyones taste, but i like it, and 7's might not be to everyones taste either, but he's happy with his car, and good luck to him. i think he needs the luck for the sale... lol

quote:
Originally posted by iank
quote:
Originally posted by Dingz

Probably an unmolested Robin chassis, so Reliant sports 2 seater or similar I'd expect.

from the ad itself:
"registered as a reliant tricycle"

hmm, got a feeling it should have had an SVA and didn't... doesn't mention when he built it right enough.

RK - 29/9/11 at 01:57 AM

I want to see him after it gets stolen (not everyone has good eyesight): "And what, sir, does your car look like?"
"Um, just like a Caterham, but with flames and motorsport decals"

VanHaydn - 29/9/11 at 05:53 AM

IM SOOOOO ENVIOUS

WHY?

My brain would never ever let me think design or even let my muscles cut screw or join any kind of materials plastic steel or rubber in that kind of configuration...even if I started to show a sign or hint of such a thought proccess my Brain would make my thumbs really stiff and then take control of my arms and shove them so deep up my own a r s e that it would takes weeks to get them out and thereby taking my mind of such thoughts actions or plans for many moons to come...

soooo envious at the ability to think like that really I am!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

trextr7monkey - 29/9/11 at 06:34 AM

Reliant Coffin- the name says it all,

what a way to go after a life of productive labour
We could be looking at a whole new industry here!

Not for me though
Atb
Mike

Ninehigh - 30/9/11 at 04:32 AM

I've just found another

Yazza54 - 30/9/11 at 07:50 AM

Is that a Westfield?