Board logo

The "other" locost list
chrisg - 19/2/02 at 07:39 PM

MMMMMMM Chris W,

I've just read your post on the other list!!

You're just a stirrer ;-))

I love it when people refer to themselves as "THE WEBMASTER" do you get a cape with stars on and a pointy hat to go with that?LOL!!!

Cheers

Chris(G)

stephen_gusterson - 19/2/02 at 07:57 PM

just to say hello, chris the gibbs.

Lets see if I can cause havoc here too....

anyone called don in here

ATB

Steve Gusterson

chrisg - 19/2/02 at 10:22 PM

Welcome Steve,

As a general rule it's probably best to pretend not to know me (that's what everyone else does)

Cheers

Chris

Metal Hippy™ - 19/2/02 at 10:25 PM

I DON'T know you.

Am I at a disadvantage?

Rich.

bob - 19/2/02 at 10:44 PM

I dont know you either.
But we all know Mr_gusterson,best viewing in ages on the other channel.
Should win yahoo soap of the year!!
Nice to meet you steve.

chrisg - 19/2/02 at 10:56 PM

See I told you!!

I am shocked that my too closest friends in the entire world would deny me like this!

Bob what about when I took that bullet for you in 'Nam?

Rich I know were not IDENTICAL twins but oh my!

Cheers

Chris

Metal Hippy™ - 19/2/02 at 11:02 PM

Ok, now I'm worried.

Remind me where in Sheffield you are and I'll avoid it while I'm there during the week. (Normally that is, I'm on reading week at the moment working hard obviously)

bob - 19/2/02 at 11:02 PM

I've never been to twickeNAM

stephen_gusterson - 19/2/02 at 11:04 PM

to chris, comon chris, they all know i know you.....didnt we share a strap on in the 'other ' group just a while back.

And to BOb, glad to know im getting noticed, for all the wrong reasons!

Im kinda wondering whats gonna happen on the 'other' list. There seem to be lots of little triggers. In fact, if your not tricky, who seems to post anal on liner cardboard nutsack all the time (crumbs, im saying what i really think!) anyone else posting more than once a week, thats not a total expert in the subject gets slagged off and dissed.

im going on as normal, and if they dont like it that im the only one that seems to post apart from antipodean tricky, lets see what happens.......a fourth riot in as many weeks....?

atb

steve

general stud and great guy, that has a target painted on his forhead.

macdave69 - 20/2/02 at 12:08 AM

Steve....Steve Gusterson, is that really you??

It's me Dave Mac- Gusterson

I've been researching my family tree and found my only reletive is you.
Now life hasn't been good to me and although I've kicked the meths and stopped selling my arse I find I can't quite afford that shiny set of Gaz shox. Please let me rejoin the Gusterson fold and lend me the money for my shiney's.

2/ What did you do to the other lot as I got fed up months ago of loud mouthed ozzies and yanks with big opinions

seeeeeeeeee ya ***********ya

3/ how come you can write ********* and not get it censored and I do?

ChrisW - 21/2/02 at 12:14 PM

Me? A stirrer??? Never!!

Seriously though, we got 20 odd new members in the few hours after that post so it obviously worked. I should go back really and see how much I've been slagged off by the cave men.

ChrisW

bob - 21/2/02 at 04:59 PM

Like i said before,they are all falling out of bed on the other channel.
CHRIS:You will probably get another 20 this w/end

ChrisW - 21/2/02 at 08:33 PM

Excellent! They all know it makes sense really!

ChrisW

chrisg - 21/2/02 at 09:44 PM

Well It's Finally happened,

I just got this:-

Hello,

This is to inform you that your request to unsubscribe from
locost has been completed.

Regards,

Yahoo! Groups Customer Care

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

So there you go if you're on the locost list, don't disagree with any of the "original" listers or they'll tell you how long the've been on the list and then ban you.

My first post was 16/2/1999, my last today
21/2/2002 RIP

Cheers

Chris

bob - 21/2/02 at 10:23 PM

I dont think i can contain myself any longer first i get 3 stars and now your last post on the BBC(yahoo groups).
I'm filling up again.

chrisg - 21/2/02 at 10:30 PM

Cheers Bob, it's thier loss mate!

(I want eight stars like that other Chris geezer!)

bob - 21/2/02 at 10:43 PM

Never mind the stars,one of those captains hats with all the scambled egg across the peak.

Dunc - 21/2/02 at 11:21 PM

Had a look at the other list way back in October, didn't find it very helpful apart for the link to this site, never looked back. Too much pishh about nothing, not the same banter you get on this site. Three cheers for big Chris W for saving our souls and in a few cases our sanity. Well I guess we must all be a bit mad if we think we can build an open top sports car for £250 in under 3 weeks.

ChrisW - 22/2/02 at 10:27 AM

Don't worry guys - I'm not banning anyone! The beauty of this system over eGroups is that we can split the messages down across topics so if you don't want to read non-locost related stuff (or even posts relating to a bit you've already done) you don't have to wade through them to get to what you do want.

Also, no one on here has an attitude (I hope!) <--- waiting for the flames on that one!

Re: chat room - be patient! I'm on to it!

HAve fun - glad I could be of service. Any suggestions/comments you know where I am!

ChrisW

PS - Those stars? If you want more you need to post more (Hit the FAQ link right at the top of the page to see how many) or persuade me to make you a moderator!

ChrisW - 22/2/02 at 10:49 AM

Just been to 'the other list' to see how much I've been slagged off - not too bad this time (I've been used to much more!)

Anyone know what these 'other other' groups they talk about are? Apparently there are a load of groups that have got fed up with their constant bitching and have gone their own way. Perhaps we can convert them all to LocostBuilders?? I'll put some posts out if someone can tell me where they all are!

ChrisW

chrisg - 22/2/02 at 10:57 PM

Hi Chris,

Had a look at the FAQ(thought that was a London swear word!)

So at 100 posts I become a "member" hmmmm.

I might hang around a while on 99, to call someone a "member" is not a good thing in these parts!!

( Although it does seem to suit Bob ;-} )

Cheers

Chris

Metal Hippy™ - 22/2/02 at 10:59 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

After his stunt in the other topic, maybe you're right.

Then again, no he's not.

Maybe AFTER I have that sump off him....

Rich.

chrisg - 23/2/02 at 12:51 AM

WELL THIS TAKES THE BUISCUIT!!!

Yahoo groups Locost threw me off for having a sense of humour, and then have the gall to say I unsubbed myself!

Chris

bob - 23/2/02 at 10:15 AM

Chrisg
You will be much happier here,and ofcourse you will eventually become a MEMBER!!

Menber means the same down here as up there,
so i would'nt worry to much

chrisg - 23/2/02 at 11:33 AM

Cheers Bob,

I'm happier already

Chris

macdave69 - 23/2/02 at 11:46 AM

I feel realy left out, because I left the group of my own volition and it sounds like really good fun getting banned.
It's years since i got banned from anywhere and even then the sheep was a liar.
Perhaps i should subscribe again just so they can ban me

stephen_gusterson - 24/2/02 at 03:47 PM

just a thought

what if all of us just decided to post a gentle invite on 'the other list' to take a look on here, like one at a time, every so often. Then they would have to ban us for posting one post a week each.

Of course, they might threaten to hunt you down with dogs, or get you out of a job or home. Nice balanced response I thought!

ATB

Steve

chrisg - 24/2/02 at 04:40 PM

I wouldn't,

You might get a smear campaign started against you, believe me I know!

Cheers

Chris

macdave69 - 24/2/02 at 06:22 PM

how about you just treat them with the contempt they deserve! and totally ignore the BOF's

Are any of these SERIOUS Locosters likely to be at any shows so that we can throw peanuts at them, whilst wearing Ron Champion facemasks?

ChrisW - 3/3/02 at 01:15 PM

Just a thought - wonder why they havn't banned me yet?? After all, the only thing I've ever posted is 'Come to Locostbuilders.co.uk'!

BTW If anyone wants to wind them all up by posting further plugs for this site on there I'd have no objection!

ChrisW

David Jenkins - 4/3/02 at 09:33 AM

quote:

BTW If anyone wants to wind them all up by posting further plugs for this site on there I'd have no objection!

ChrisW

Why bother - I've seen several people like myself who are happily reading both sites. Far better to work in harmony than get childish.

If everything continues as it is at present, I will be referring to this site in a good light when sending posts to the other place.

David

Devilfish - 4/3/02 at 12:34 PM

Hi Guys,
Just registered here - got peed off with the 'other' list about xmas time, no interest in over opinionated latheless aussies and the constant drivel. Just for the record my locost is based on Opel Manta and the chassis / back axle is nearly finished now (5 months!) - I'm more than happy to help anyone contemplating a similar doner

macdave69 - 4/3/02 at 01:25 PM

welcome to the fold and another locost builder with the sense to use a GM based car for a build.
Devilfish you are truly a man of taste not like some blade engined builders!!!!!!!!

You aren't the guy that plays late night poker are you cos he's a mean sonofab*tch

Devilfish - 4/3/02 at 01:44 PM

Never gamble - unless I know I'm going to win. The name is how fishermen refered to Manta Rays before Jack Custard swam with them and discovered them to be gentle giants - like me

macdave69 - 4/3/02 at 01:48 PM

there ya go!!!

can't wait for the abuse from the hippy as yet another gentle giant (read FB) joins the group
How come every one building these things is over 16 stone???

locodude - 4/3/02 at 06:07 PM

Hey
Speak for yourself, I may be 6'2" and large of girth but I like the birds am hollow boned!!!!
Chris (plastictankman)

Metal Hippy™ - 4/3/02 at 06:36 PM

Why would I post abuse?

It's not all your fault you're a fat bastard.

I have sympathy with you all but at the same time I laugh as I'm 5' 9 and 9 stone....

Lightweight....

Rich.

Marcus - 4/3/02 at 09:28 PM

Devilfish: I too contemplated using Manta for donor, indeed I had a scrap GT/E sat on the drive for 2 years awaiting something even before I saw the Locost light. I got most of the bits off it but decided that the axle was too wide and the engine too tall. I am still using the odd bit ie steering column, master cylinder, cut down Recaros etc. How are you getting round the torque tube problem - cos that put me off aswell!
Ps anyone want a 5 speed Getrag box - free to good home.
Marcus

chrisg - 4/3/02 at 10:24 PM

Marcus mate,

Can you sell the gearbox and send me the money?, cuts out the middle man.

Cheers

Chris

Devilfish - 5/3/02 at 09:06 AM

Not sure if this should be put in the chassis area but here goes-
I made the chassis 100mm wider at the front and 70mm wider at the rear. I removed the center bearing mount housing and bush tubes from the original cross member (4 spot welds), made a new cross member from 50mm square x 3mm thick tube, with the original bush tubes, wide enough to fit the transmission tunnel. Two angled pieces of scrap 50mm box were drilled, welded to the new cross member and the center bearing mount housing welded to the new cross member between them. All I have to do now is weld mounting brackets into the trans tunnel and weld sheet to the side for strength. This gives me 430mm seating in the drivers side.

Alan B - 5/3/02 at 05:39 PM

Hi Guys,

So this is where you've all vanished to?
I do monitor both this and the other list, but it looks like I'll visit here more often.
I've nearly finished my frame if anyone's interested, http://www.desicodesign.com/meerkat/

Bye for now,

Alan B

chrisg - 5/3/02 at 06:47 PM

Welcome Alan,

stick with us mate!

Cheers

Chris

locodude - 5/3/02 at 08:12 PM

Chris
You only come to this pub cos' you're barred from the one next door!!!
Chris
p.s. Tony,s car now registered, we've just been for a blast!

Marcus - 5/3/02 at 08:23 PM

Do you know, people on the 'other list' would kill for the amount of useful info on this one!
Locodude, hows Tony's pinto compare with the 1700?

locodude - 5/3/02 at 08:54 PM

Hey up Marcus
I would say they're pretty evenly matched, hard to tell though, mine's a bit quicker on acceleration I think. Who cares when it's this much fun!!
300cc more, more weight, whatever??? We never lost each other and we were'nt hanging around. Called at Martin,s, he rekons we're daft!
See ya
Chris

chrisg - 5/3/02 at 10:08 PM

Yeah, Barred for dancing on the table.

There's no justice

Cheers

Chris

bigdaddyadd - 7/3/02 at 10:49 PM

I haven't checked lately but guessing by all the traffic to this subject a lot of the o/t chat that was on the yahoo list must be moving here in a nice containable place where you don't have to sift through it if you dont want and with a bit of luck the emails from the list will contain less repetition and more usefull content so everyones a winner

macdave69 - 7/3/02 at 11:04 PM

and you can dance on the tables

chrisg - 8/3/02 at 06:45 PM

SFX:- (Fat bloke dancing on table)

Cheers

Chris Astaire

stephen_gusterson - 13/3/02 at 04:31 PM

if you check the other list you will find that all the posts since about middle of last week only fill two pages.

At the rate shown on the home page, there will be about 500 posts this month.

You have to go back over three years to find traffic that low.

Most of them seem to be USA or Aussies that havnt yet found the Aus list. Even peter ogden is on there filtching members and hes a list moderator!

Looks like dougies constant 'this list is not a democracy' shyte has really come back on him.

In the words of nelson in the simpsons haaa-haaa.

atb

steve

chrisg - 14/3/02 at 07:17 PM

Stevie Baby,

It's simple:-

NO ME = NO LIST

Cheers

Chris

stephen_gusterson - 14/3/02 at 07:45 PM

No Chris,

it cant be a case of personalities - i have been on for a year now and I havnt seen a hoard of blondes after me yet.

There was a fab post by DonDavies on the other list yesterday.

He of the supercritical an*l nature was faced with the question :

Q . What engines will a ford type 9 box mate with.

The advanced engineering expert replied astutely

A. The engine it came with in the car.

How I would love to post a reply but I think it might cause a foroar of nuclear proportions, and I will end up sleeping on the same park bench as chris does every evening. And Seeing Chris in the recent pics looks like he will get the lions share of the available area.

ATB

Steve

macdave69 - 15/3/02 at 08:25 PM

wish i'd seen that one

anyway what the real answer, because Ford seems a little obvious