Board logo

sdupid scam
theconrodkid - 18/6/04 at 01:32 PM

freind of mine gets a letter with an ordinary stamp from spain,says he was caught speeding and to transfer 200 euros to some bank account or he will be crucified,he,s never been to spain in his life.
takes letter to plod shop,he says ah well you bin done pay the fine.
plod station no 2 says looks like a scam,bin it.
askes me about it i said deffo scam and to report it to plod as there are bank details to trace it from,why didnt plod do anything????

JoelP - 18/6/04 at 01:42 PM

cos coppers are often daft themselves, and often dont know the law anyway...

silly buggers...

Alez - 18/6/04 at 02:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by theconrodkid
freind of mine gets a letter with an ordinary stamp from spain,says he was caught speeding and to transfer 200 euros to some bank account or he will be crucified,he,s never been to spain in his life.
takes letter to plod shop,he says ah well you bin done pay the fine.
plod station no 2 says looks like a scam,bin it.
askes me about it i said deffo scam and to report it to plod as there are bank details to trace it from,why didnt plod do anything????

Sorry for my English, I don't know what a "plod shop" or "plod station" is so I don't get the whole thing. Still, if you can get the letter scanned so I can have a look I can tell for sure wether it is a scam or not (got some fines myself ). I very much suspect it is scam although I hadn't heard about it here in Spain.. yet?

mad4x4 - 18/6/04 at 02:50 PM

Plod station ----
COP SHOP aka POLICE STATION aka Law Enforcement Office

PLOD ---- aka THE LAW aka POLICE aka THE FUZZ aka PIGS aka BROWN BEAR aka SMOKIE aka COPS aka SCREWS aka BLACK BA**ARDS and the list goes on ...............

Hopefully I will now not be blacklisted for the lists above. This list was all in the name of education of our Europen Brothers and not meant to be slanderous in any way to our beloved Law enforcement Offices that may frequent this Website.

David Jenkins - 18/6/04 at 02:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mad4x4
Hopefully I will now not be blacklisted for the lists above. This list was all in the name of education of our Europen Brothers and not meant to be slanderous in any way to our beloved Law enforcement Offices that may frequent this Website.

...allegedly...

David

Alez - 18/6/04 at 03:10 PM

Aaah Thanx!

"Cop shop" ha ha ha!!

theconrodkid - 18/6/04 at 03:30 PM

thanks for the offer alez but its deffo a scam and i havnt got a scanner,if it was real he would have told them to b****r oft,nice n sunny over there????

Alez - 18/6/04 at 03:41 PM

HOT! It's hot! Can't take the Locost without a hat and shades! Can't sleep with my window shut! I love it! I heard you are having very nice weather BTW, at least in the Surrey area where I used to live!

Hellfire - 18/6/04 at 04:05 PM

At this moment in time here in Rotherham we are bathing in about 20mm/hour precipitation.... yep it's pi**ing it down