Board logo

Barry Sheene
theconrodkid - 10/3/03 at 07:52 AM

sad news about Barry,saw him at goodwood he got the biggest cheer of the lot even though he,s been living in auz for many years,allways entertaining to watch,sadly missed John.

bob - 10/3/03 at 08:59 AM

I met Barry sheene at Goodwood revival as well,must be one of the most approachable in the bussiness.
Top bloke had plenty of time for everyone,sadly we are probably wont see his likes again on track

bob - 10/3/03 at 09:00 AM

I met Barry sheene at Goodwood revival as well,must be one of the most approachable in the bussiness.
Top bloke had plenty of time for everyone,sadly we probably wont see his likes again on track

chrisg - 10/3/03 at 07:21 PM

Barry has always been a hero of mine, a very brave man through all his injuries and the illness that finally claimed him, I met him (when I was aged ten) at brands hatch, he'd taken quite a tumble and he stood for three quarters of a hour signing autographs before getting in the ambulance.

I still have my autrograph.

Cheers

Chris

stephen_gusterson - 10/3/03 at 11:14 PM

I saw barry sheen in what I think was the transatlantic trophy series at brands in 1976 - 77. I have never been to brands since, but probably will to see the indy race in may.

As a biker at that time he was one of my heros too.

The closest I got to him was when I lived in Towcester in the early 80's. I drove past him and lord hesketh as they were walking the high street campaigning for heskeths election to summat or other.

Can you believe that no brit has one a GP since sheene's last win!

atb

steve