Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Quick cheap tumble dryer fix
Charlie C

posted on 18/7/18 at 06:28 AM Reply With Quote
Quick cheap tumble dryer fix

I though I would share maybe saving some one time and money.

Our 6 year old LG tumble dryer wasn’t drying, the drum was spinning and it was blowing hot air so we put it down to not pumping the water up to the collector.

As its summer I’ve not been to bothered about it and was starting to think we’ll buy a new one in autumn, I changed my mind when I looked at the prices £500 for an equivalent.

I ordered a new pump £25 from espares, when I took the old pump out I notice the pump switch which is a positive and negative terminal with the water completing the circuit to switch the pump, the positive terminal was covered in crud I assume 6 year of attracting any metal in the water and the scale had collected on the metal had insulated it. After cleaning and testing it all works fine so I’ll know to check this first next time.

[Edited on 18/7/18 by Charlie C]

nick205

posted on 18/7/18 at 08:23 AM Reply With Quote
I've used espares before for white goods spare parts myself - good to deal with IMHO!

https://www.espares.co.uk/

ETA - always satisfying to make a repair yourself and save some money as well.

[Edited on 18/7/18 by nick205]

[Edited on 18/7/18 by nick205]

joneh

posted on 18/7/18 at 10:42 AM Reply With Quote
My tumble dryer wasn't spinning, it only sort of wobbled. There's a massive capacitor in there to give the drum a shove around. £5 off eBay . Been good for another 3 years so far.
Mr Whippy

posted on 18/7/18 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
I opened my tumble drier up after that apartment block fire and it was full of a thick layer of fluff, all over the motor too so now hoover it out inside regularly
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.