Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Little Li-Ion battery, where to buy?
pigeondave

posted on 28/2/24 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
Little Li-Ion battery, where to buy?

Hi All,

I'm looking for a reputable place to buy some 550mAh 20c 3.7V Li-Ion 2.04WH batteries.

Years ago I bought a microdrone 3.0
The batteries are all bulging now so reluctant to use them.

Anyone know of a good place to buy these.

Some other numbers on the battery (under the sticker) are
FB75254 0HP
136HU02
FA60469
MH46420

Thanks

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mr Whippy

posted on 28/2/24 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
Any of the good big model shops on the web will be able to sell you replacements. Just send them some pictures, the part numbers are probably irrelevant but it does not matter. You might be able to get some larger capacity battery's for the same weight too.

I've used loads of different shops, never had a bad one. Might try -

Midland Helicopters
Sussex model centre
Leeds model shop
Hobby king

Used them all, over many many years.

Avoid E-bay or Amazon like the plague.

Oh if you are serious about using it more, I'd recommend buying a proper model battery charger as it will extend the life of the batteries and charge them correctly rather than the cheapo wall chargers most budget drones come with. They will also have the option to run off 12v car batteries, so you can use it on holidays etc.

[Edited on 28/2/24 by Mr Whippy]

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
coyoteboy

posted on 28/2/24 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
Personally I've bought dozens of Lipos from Aliexpress, with logical understanding of capacity and size, and connector type, you can get a bargain. All cap checked, all operating as expected. But a local model shop will sure be the safer option if you're willing to let them carry out that assessment for you when they import them.
nick205

posted on 29/2/24 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
Bought several NiCad batteries for mine and my sons RC cars from Hobby King. All worked faultlessly.

Bought so we had 2nd and even 3rd charged batteries to swap out and keep running the cars.

Mr Whippy

posted on 29/2/24 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy
Personally I've bought dozens of Lipos from Aliexpress, with logical understanding of capacity and size, and connector type, you can get a bargain. All cap checked, all operating as expected. But a local model shop will sure be the safer option if you're willing to let them carry out that assessment for you when they import them.

All i get from that site is they don't ship to my region.

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.