Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Webshite Update (v.small)
locodude

posted on 23/3/02 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
Webshite Update (v.small)

Hi Guys
Just done a small update, not much to do in these long winter months. Put the filler cap on the back panel (see build story page). Yes the surround is plastic and no I'm not making any more! Also I've added a few more words to Tony's SVA page. Cheers
Chris
http://www.christopher.gibbons.btinternet.co.uk

Marcus

posted on 25/3/02 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
Neat filler cap detail. But what's this, dog bowl not good enough for you eh, just had to make it from plastic!
Ps. is your chassis to book dimensions, cos we put our scuttle and nosecone on at the weekend and the carb cutout in your old bonnet is about 3 inches too far forward!
(nothing that can't be rectified though)
Marcus

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
locodude

posted on 25/3/02 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
Hi M
I could'nt find a suitable plastic dogs bowl!!
Re: chassis, as far as i know it is to rons book but don't forget there is no set position for the powertrain. My nosecone/bonnet/scuttle are as MK so only the engine position can differ. The bulge for the starter on the gearbox is only around 3/4" from the firewall so it's as far back as I dare go. 3" sounds alot though.
You're welcome to come and look anytime. Check pics on website re: position of items in engine bay. eg: nosecone/bonnet line etc..
One nice thing about Locosts is, there's never two the same!
Keep on building
chris
p.s. Are you camping out with the riff raff at stoneleigh?

Marcus

posted on 27/3/02 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
Chris, the position of Engine sounds exactly the same as mine. The Bonnet on Thursday is about 1 inch longer than yours, mainly due to the position of the scuttle (ie at the back of cross piece). It's just that the hole in the bonnet is in a completely different place!
I think I'll try Thursdays bonnet, see how it looks - handy having a fully built one in the same garage!
Marcus

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Marcus

posted on 27/3/02 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote

Marcus

posted on 27/3/02 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote

Marcus

posted on 27/3/02 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
That was bloody clever, here's me laughing at all these blank posts, wondering how people can be so stupid and then I go and do it...TWICE.
Anyway, about camping, I've got a tent and cooker so I guess I'll be there.
Are some going Sat night also?

bob

posted on 27/3/02 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
I think we've got a small group from the south going up sat afternoon to find a nice base camp.Hopefully not far from toilets and beer shop!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.