Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: getting BIG
stephen_gusterson

posted on 20/1/03 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
getting BIG

I joined this site last Feb when it had about 240 members. Its gonna hit 1000 in the next week.

By the time we are on summer hols, this site will have more members than its controversial brother, TOL.

So Chris, getting chucked out of TOL wasnt the disaster you thought it was at the time

PS - where is the nanny now? Did you have to lay her off

atb

Steve

Findlay234

posted on 20/1/03 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
hey chris, is there anyway you can code in to the site to work out how often users view the forum and when they viewed it last, for those that havent in a while you can chase them up to see if they still want to be enrolled in. i dont think there are actually 1000 users of the forum. if you dont have the time to chase people up then get someone else to do it, i think even id be willing.

cheers
fin

chrisg

posted on 20/1/03 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
Here B4 me?

When I joined in october 2001 there were about 20 (I think) I'm a bloody pioneer, thats what I am! I think Bob was here then and ChrisW obviously, who else was here before me?

As for TOL I think I'm the only regular member(as opposed to spammers, etc) to be chucked off, I might get a badge made up!!, anyway as Groucho said" I wouldn't want to join any club that would have me as a member!"

As for the nanny we do a lot more laying on than laying off !!!!

Cheers

Chris

[Edited on 20/1/03 by chrisg]

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

stephen_gusterson

posted on 20/1/03 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
[quoteI'm a bloody pioneer, thats what I am!

yeah, you northern blokes like yer pies....

and

the members list did used to include all that good stuff, listing who was on, when, and last post looked at.

dont now tho...

atb

Steve

chrisg

posted on 20/1/03 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
Actually, just checked, and Bob joined in Dec 2001.

Just who was here at that time?

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

stephen_gusterson

posted on 20/1/03 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
i think mr ison joined on the same day I did, so you can strike him from your list of probables.

Was ChrisW's mum on ther to make up the numbers I wonder?

atb

Steve

paulbeyer

posted on 20/1/03 at 11:29 PM Reply With Quote
I joined on 17/10/2001 2 days after Chris W went online. I think I was the 5th to join not that you would know from the amount of posts I have to my name.

7 out of 10 people suffer with hemorrhoids. Does that mean the other 3 enjoy them?

Alan B

posted on 20/1/03 at 11:50 PM Reply With Quote
I'm another Oct 17th 2001 joinee too

The saddest thing is we are still just TALKING about cars and not yet driving them

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Rorty

posted on 21/1/03 at 05:00 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

So Chris, getting chucked out of TOL wasnt the disaster you thought it was at the time ...where is the nanny now? Did you have to lay her off

1/ What's TOL?
2/ What did Chrisg do to get chucked out?
3/ What nanny?
4/ What did he do to her?

Cheers, Rorty.

"Faster than a speeding Pullet".

PLEASE DON'T U2U ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE. TRY EMAILING ME INSTEAD!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RichieW

posted on 21/1/03 at 11:20 AM Reply With Quote
I think a lot of these "members" simply joined so that they could advertise their knackered old Sierras and get them off their drives for free.

I wonder how many active members this site has?

[Edited on 21/1/03 by RichieW]

stephen_gusterson

posted on 21/1/03 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rorty
quote:

So Chris, getting chucked out of TOL wasnt the disaster you thought it was at the time ...where is the nanny now? Did you have to lay her off

1/ What's TOL?
2/ What did Chrisg do to get chucked out?
3/ What nanny?
4/ What did he do to her?

ahh, showing yer self up as a newbie rorty. You might be a dab hand at the engineering but I know the gossip!

1. TOL = The Other List.

If you search yahoo you will find there are several yahoo groups on the subject locost.

TOL is specifically http://groups.yahoo.com/group/locost

The Other Group.

2. Well, 2 stories here. Search threads with my and Chris' name on, from around Oct 2001 to march 2002 and you will find a bit of a saga.

Chris got involved in some kinda dispute. Chris says he was unsubscribed - ie chucked out. The group said he did it himself. The fact that Chris once posted that he thought TOL was real fun, and that the groups moderators were totally anal, leads me to support mr gibbs in this.

I also got into one or two scrapes, to the extent that the moderators even broke their own rules regarding slagging off members by slaggin me off. This resulted in the membership suicide of 2 of the 3 moderators rather than say they were sorry. An aussie ran it for a bit, then handed over to another group of guys, of which alanb is a respected member.

clued up now?

btw - tol isnt like this group. post anything not directly car related and expect to get abuse. Some nice guys on there but a bunch of anal tossers quite often.

Look out for the posts of ken walton too - nice guy, recently deceased, but with a really good attitude to life and car building.

3. Nanny was the lady pushing chris's baby buggy in his avatar. Although the new pic is uncannily chris like, the avatar with nanny in was much better.

4. in his dreams, probably quite a lot, and quite a lot of the time. But how much fun can you have with an avatar advertising a kiddy car

atb

steve

stephen_gusterson

posted on 21/1/03 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
[quoteI wonder how many active members this site has?

[Edited on 21/1/03 by RichieW]

if chris puts up the member list, it fairly easy to see. the top 100 posters have over 150 or so posts each.

TOL has been runnign 3 years - id be amazed if it has more than 200 members actually using it.

chrisg

posted on 21/1/03 at 09:30 PM Reply With Quote
So Alan, Paul and I joined on the same day, great minds think alike!!

Still no-one who was here before tho........

Cheers

Chris

Rorty

posted on 22/1/03 at 05:33 AM Reply With Quote
Gusto, good bit of reporting there. Top antics!

Chrisg:
quote:

So Alan, Paul and I joined on the same day, great minds think alike!!

or......stagnant minds seldom differ.

Cheers, Rorty.

"Faster than a speeding Pullet".

PLEASE DON'T U2U ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE. TRY EMAILING ME INSTEAD!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.