Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Paint
chrisg

posted on 2/6/03 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
Paint

new to all this Locost stuff,

My mate says that if you paint your car black then it will be slower than if you paint it any other colour because the black has more"pigment " in it and so it is heavier.

Also are you using ordinary air in your tyres or special "racing air" or Helium or something?

Which engine should I use?

Sausages or beefburgers for tea?

Help!

Cheers

The Dark Prince of the Vacuous Question.

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

stephen_gusterson

posted on 2/6/03 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
one way of saving weight is to fill your engine with summat like petrol instead of water cos its lower density and therefore lighter than using cooling water.

If your head gasket goes then the added fuel leaking intomthe bores will make the car faster.

My mates brothers mothers sons hampster recons that there is minimal risk of a catestrophic explosion and if it does then

1. you wont know much about it.

2. it will be a great story down the pub.

3. loads of time off work in rehab.

4. you can sue the car mfr cos it didnt say in handbook that you shouldnt use highly combustible fluids in the cooling system.

seems like a really cool(ing) idea!!!!!!!

atb (not if you do this)

steve

Peteff

posted on 2/6/03 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
A proven fact.

S'gotta be right if your mate says so Chris. Almost as certain as "bloke down the pub says". Anyway ask any ten year old and they'll tell you red cars are fastest.
You can tell when my mate's lying to you cos his lips move," I got the last ones" he usually says.

yours, Pete.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

chrisg

posted on 2/6/03 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
This is all very well but my questions are SERIOUS

You should be kind to noobies

Anyway having your front fog lights on Doubles your top speed - I saw that on "Top Gear" and blue screen wash nozzles confer invisibility on the car, and if you have powerful enough "neons" under your car it saves petrol cos they make it hover abover the road.

Can you get blue tyres? I don't like these black/dark grey ones.

Peas or beans?

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

carnut

posted on 2/6/03 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
How about painting the front of the car a nice reflective white. The back matt black. (or is it the other way around) then you will go faster because the light will be absorbed in to the back and repelled from the front making you faster. This works because light has a mass and therefore momentum which is transfered to your car. If you drive away from the sun it will make you go even faster.

For an extra boost you could turn on the lights at the back and not at the front. The recoil from the lights will make you go faster.

hehehe

stephen_gusterson

posted on 2/6/03 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
use a cat and toast motor.

I think (really!) this was on TOL a while back.

Sods law says that when you drop a slice of toast, it always lays butter side down.

Natures law says a cat always lands on its feet.

SO - strap a slice of toast butter side out to a cats back, and drop the cat butter side down.

The cat will spin a few inches above the ground as the laws interact with each other.

If you connect the assembly to a drive shaft, you can harness this free and perpetual energy, at least until the cat gets dizzy of the toast needs changing.

Re tyres - I saw summat in the news a year or two ago that a company was going to make tyres with colourful designs all over - this is true.

fries or mash?

atb

steve

chrisg

posted on 2/6/03 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
At last some sense! cheers Carnut!!

Steve- Potato croquettes

Actually this thread does have a serious purpose, some people, who I suspect may have alter-egos on here are posting obviously bizzare questions.

Thought I might join in and of course I have vowed not to kill another living thing, unless it iritates me in some way, but it's silly and I'm being vigilant.

Cheers

Chris

stephen_gusterson

posted on 2/6/03 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
Chris - potato waffles

im being nice to everyone cos I dont wanna get thumped at newark.

atb

steve

[Edited on 2/6/03 by stephen_gusterson]

Spyderman

posted on 2/6/03 at 11:39 PM Reply With Quote
Chris,

Actually black cars should be faster!
The black pigment is carbon and carbon is very light.

Red cars are very quick!
You can tell this cuz after a while they start to fade!
I think this is due to air friction because when it does they slow down.
That is why you'll never see a Ferrari with faded paint. They get em resprayed regular to keep going fast.

Terry

Spyderman

merlin

posted on 3/6/03 at 05:47 PM Reply With Quote
just for what it's worth RED paint is the heaviest as it carries a high lead content!

go for the beans. (that way you may get some extra speed when the gas is expelled from ya ass!)

shit happens! (but why always to me!!)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
James

posted on 4/6/03 at 01:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by merlin
just for what it's worth RED paint is the heaviest as it carries a high lead content!

go for the beans. (that way you may get some extra speed when the gas is expelled from ya ass!)

Are the still allowed to use lead in paint?

Thought it was banned?

James

merlin

posted on 4/6/03 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
I have no idea James, I just recall the boss of the paint dept where I used to work finding it bizarre that the MD wanted his sons sandpit sprayed red as 'it contained a high lead content' and therefor is not ideal for kids to be playing around in. Put me right by all means if I am wrong!!
I must also point out that at my SVA the axle weights came in 150kg over what I stated, my car and chassis are RED! spooky or what!

shit happens! (but why always to me!!)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
David Jenkins

posted on 5/6/03 at 07:57 AM Reply With Quote
I can't remember what the metal compound is in red paint (I tried to look it up on Google, and failed) - I've only come across red lead oxide primer. You can get cadmium red and vermillion (mercury sulphide!)

Whatever it is, I do recall that the red that doesn't fade in the sun is one of the most poisonous paints to spray - which is why a lot of red cars fade so easily these days.

David

kingr

posted on 5/6/03 at 09:44 AM Reply With Quote
I believe it was green paint that used to contain cyanide back in the good old days - as did green sweets, so you'd have a little more to worry about than rotting your teath and getting fat if you ate to many. For those of you that care, I believe the majority of CDRs contain cyanide also, which is what gives them their green colour.

Kingr

Peteff

posted on 5/6/03 at 10:48 AM Reply With Quote
I read somewhere that apple pips contain cyanide and I always used to eat them. I thought the middle of the apple was the best bit. I don't eat the red ones though cos of the evil stepmother thing, or the French ones cos of the evil french thing.
I think in future I'll stick with bananas. What about the Bananarama thing though. Two pack paint contains cyanide in the form of isocyanates which is also carcinogenic and it kills you so don't use it unless you find a colour you really like.
You can eat the South African apples now they don't do the apartheid thing anymore.

yours, Pete.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

chrisg

posted on 5/6/03 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
I can see you think about your food Pete, with the South African fruit etc..

I used to eat "dolphin Friendly" Tuna, but then I realised if we ate all the ones that were friendly with the dolphins, they'd have no one to talk to...

It's not as easy as you'd think

I know that sprouts are the devils testicles though, who eats them? I just can't imagine.......mmmmmmm.........lovely these sprouts - look like a seven year bogie collection and taste like tramp sick.

wierd

Cheers

Fanny Craddock

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.