Bargain of the year?

How about this for a Locost bargain!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2425350156&category=29750

Just look how sturdy that chassis is!

Terry

Spyderman

chrisg

posted on 27/7/03 at 05:10 PM Reply With Quote
They're a decent bunch of lads the Locust men( or the kings of cuprinol as they're known) you've got all the basics there, the body's not too difficult to make from the plans(and some wood), but I can't see you being too impressed with the handling - it's the weight.

I nearly built one my self before uncle Ron came and saved me!

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

Jon Ison

posted on 27/7/03 at 05:10 PM Reply With Quote
mmmmmmmmmm, that looks a bit grim to me........
not my cup o T.

Peteff

posted on 27/7/03 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
MFI kit cars or what? You've still got to find a Cortina from somewhere to build it. The words rocking horse and excrement spring to mind.. Is it an unfinished project or an unstarted one?

yours, Pete.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

D Beddows

posted on 27/7/03 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
errrrrr............I've actualy got one of these, I know,I know but I got a very good deal price wise on it and it was obviously once someones pride and joy and he definitely wasn't a muppet when he came to building kit cars as apart from anything else it's one of the best trimmed kit cars I''ve seen.....yeah it's heavy compared to a locost but not to a Cortina and trust me you don't notice in a road car, as for the wood....well Keith Ahlers 200+ bhp Morgan +8 seems to go alright round the race tracks of Britain doesn't it

AND I could drive past you tomorow and you'd never know it wasn't a Locost.......so lets not get too snobby about it eh

Peteff

posted on 28/7/03 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
No snobs on here mate.

We don't know the meaning of the word snobby..

Can anybody recommend a good adult litterassy class.

yours, Pete.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

chrisg

posted on 28/7/03 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

They're a decent bunch of lads the Locust men

Quote by me!!!!!!!!!

Snobby???????

Cheers

Chris

(not generally thought to be a snob)

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

D Beddows

posted on 29/7/03 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
Oh I give in

I can't spell, own an evil handling kit car made out of wood and know nothing about x-flow engines (nor do I have a web site selling x-flow parts/offering to 'tune' x-flows).......... good job I have a sense of humour isn't it

Peteff

posted on 29/7/03 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
Can we have a locust section for Mr Beddows?

I'll stick up for you mate, I meant my literacy. Just think of the fun we could have with that one though. What kind of screws should I use to hold the back axle in and should I use a router or a jigsaw to cut my suspension out..
We will test your sense of humour to its limit at times but don't ever take it seriously. I bet it's not evil at all so don't you start pulling it down as well.

yours, Pete.

yours, Pete

D Beddows

posted on 29/7/03 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Pete,

No matter what the rest of you say I have to adimt that that after building two 'proper' Locosts I have to say that it's refeshing to be able to use a self tapping screw on a car and know it's the right fastener for the job..........

lol

Dave

Although I would imagine someone is about to tell me otherwise

Stu16v

posted on 29/7/03 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
woodworm instead of tinworm....

Dont just build it.....make it!

chrisg

posted on 29/7/03 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

own an evil handling kit car made out of wood

Sorry Dave, that'sw not really what I meant, any two seater sports car is worthy of respect.

You have my permission to ignore me in future

Cheers

Chris

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.