Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Whatever happened to friendly dicussion?
Guinness

posted on 2/3/06 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
"well summer will be upon us before we know it, how about a MK, MNR, GTS, MAC1, Book Chassis whatever you built/drive locostbuilders knees up at a show meeting somewhere ??"

Mr Ison, I think that's a great idea. I nearly missed it, cause I couldn't be bothered with the rest of the thread, but a knees up, at a show, with beer and half cooked sausages, now your talking.

Can I suggest that someone who's good at organising that sort of thing start a new thread in events, in the spirit of reconciliation, lets get drunk, in a field, all together!

Mike

shortie

posted on 2/3/06 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
Stonleigh, first May bank holiday, beer, BBQ and good company???

What do others reckon??

oh, I forgot, MORE BEER

[Edited on 2/3/06 by shortie]

Triton

posted on 2/3/06 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
Agreed, this forum started life as a place to get advice etc, I have met some good people via this forum mostly madasafish types but aren't we all....
Back to light hearted giggleness and car building advice would be nice.

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Fozzie

posted on 3/3/06 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
Yup totally agreed.
Me and mine have a wealth of experience here, well over 40 years between us, and our work diary is well and truly full for most of this year, so between us we do have a modicum of knowledge, but for the best part of a year, I have felt that if I had said 'this is the year 2006', someone would be waiting to argue the point as soon as it was posted. So I have stopped posting when advice has been asked which is a shame, because on here, advice and suggestions are more than freely given. We all have different 'ways' but the end result should be the same, building a car, getting it through the SVA and above all, being safe on the roads. Having said that, I would only post a reply when I considered that a 'safety' issue was at stake!
It will be a very long time before I do so again, which is sad, but I don't need the grief!
Alas I won't be at Stoneleigh to have a group hug, as I will be in Barbados, but I nominate Bob, conrod, shortie, ned and James to hug ya for me! Cheers guys!
Right rant over, lets get back to building!
ATB Fozzie

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

bob

posted on 3/3/06 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
Stoneleigh......I'm already booked

I'll be there with my tent and supplies around midday saturday to help the locost car club and there 10 year aniversary of the book.

I'm sure everyone can be nice for that weekend

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.