Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: Chatroom
locodude

posted on 16/3/02 at 03:15 PM
Hi All
Who has the right to say it has to be made as cheap as possible and make as many of the parts as you can yourself? I'm an engineer/fabricator by trade and could do so if I wanted but I don't choose to. We all make our own decisions so stop talking boll***s and get a life!!! If thats what suits you then fine but don't denegrate other people for going there own way!
Chris

bigdaddyadd

posted on 16/3/02 at 05:23 PM
To IQ sixtennkw or wot ever I recon your just on the wind up and I probably shouldn't even bother to respond but hell if push comes to shove I kinda like the odd ruck with fuckwit no brainers the missus never lets me win so it gives me the prime opportunity to vent some anger. You may be right I may spend more time on here than building my car;and the problem is. I don't intend to rush my build and end up with some scabby piec of lego lokking shit at the end if it takes me ten years I won't give a toss it's a hobby not a job which has to be done to deadlines I am not in competition and am under no pressure wot so ever and you seem to be under the miss understanding I am building a Robin Hood you are clearly a retard and i shall make no further postings to you or about you on the subject just remember my dad's bigger then yours
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bob

posted on 16/3/02 at 06:57 PM
EXACTLY

could'nt have said it better myself

Dazza

posted on 16/3/02 at 07:41 PM
yes!!!!! well said!!!!!

Subject CLOSED!!!!!!!

fuckit

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Jon Ison

posted on 16/3/02 at 07:45 PM
second that, ere ere.
sixteenkw

posted on 16/3/02 at 08:51 PM
to big daddy addy o siad a meccano not a lego
Metal Hippy™

posted on 17/3/02 at 01:53 AM
I'm sorry to be blunt guys, but sixteen or whatever your name is...

Shut the f*** up.

Christ, we all talk nutsack but you're dim with it.

President of the Non-conformist Locost Builders Club. E-mail for details...

macdave69

posted on 17/3/02 at 07:58 AM
I don't give a poo what anyone thinks of my build. It won't be the prettiest, it won't be the fastest, it won't be the cheapest BUT it will be safe to drive and loved.

So what if I bought most of the bits
SO FUCKING WHAT
Why spend hours making an amateur attempt at something on the car when I could be earning £15 an hour doing what I employed to do and pay a professional to make the bits.
I am building this car to DRIVE it not spout on about whether a 16 cylinder nitrous injected diesel will fit (and never get around to doing anything other than spouting on the net)
Who says we have to enjoy building the bleeping things anyway.
I used to prep rally cars and hated virtually every moment
Guess what though
the second the flag dropped that's when i enjoyed myself
ps
I also hate going to the dentist but I like eating food
ying yang

Dunc

posted on 17/3/02 at 10:20 AM
My my, we are all a bit touchy aren't we. Now to add my irrelevant post. First of all I think the RH's are a masterpiece of manufacturing, they're so simple but effective. Very little weld required due to it's bend tube design and using almost all of it's parts from 1 donor.

I don't think anyone on this list can say they are following the book religously, not even Mr Champion has followed his own designs as you can see different photos of the chassis to the plans. The only people who should follow the book are the folk who are entering the race series. For the rest of us the book should only be an inspiration to go out and create our own designs, mix and match parts. Make or buy, it doesn't really matter.

To 16kw, in the 3 months it took to build the car, how much time did you actually spend making your parts and what did you buy. Seems to me all you did was copy the book with no thought to what you were doing, no inspiration or imagination. I find that quite sad and worrying. Obviously Ron's words of do your own thing never got through to you. Or can't you do things without instructions to help?

And yes my car is going to be a bit of a mechanno lego kit, and I'm going to be damn proud of it too. Home many of those do you see passing you everyday in this mass produced imagination lacking world?

chrisg

posted on 17/3/02 at 10:44 AM
Did I mention that I made all mine?

LOL !!!!!

Cheers

Chris

Dunc

posted on 17/3/02 at 10:52 AM
With the exception of raw materials and the donor car machanicals, wiring and lights, I making all mine too, hopefully for Stoneleigh, but there are many doubters in my family. Tried telling them, 80% is in the design, 20% in the build.
sixteenkw

posted on 17/3/02 at 11:49 AM
to dunc, t spent all the time making the making the parts, i brought b/joints, w/bearings,discs, ect.i made all the body panels wings, nose cone ect. when i made mine you couldn't buy stock parts.

I extended RU2 to make mine 12 inches longer to get more boot space. Drop down windscreen with 2 aero screens [own made]
it took a long time to do the thirty or so louvres. I curved NT as to give a different look and make it easier to get in and out of the car.

When making the wishbones emit C & E and leave tube in one piece and cut off after welding, the tube left over will then fit top wishbone to weld up in one piece. I put a lot of thought into mine. Bonnet pull full dash and remote gear change etc.,

sixteenkw

posted on 17/3/02 at 11:57 AM
Mine looks dfferent too most of them. You can see 3 of my cars on http://www.christopher.gibbons.btinternet.co.uk/newark09.jpg [first three in the picture}

Keith [car supplier to Ron Champion]

Metal Hippy™

posted on 17/3/02 at 03:16 PM
Guys, stop replying to this post now.

It just allows kw to be a dick.

In fact ChrisW can close it with a bit of luck.

President of the Non-conformist Locost Builders Club. E-mail for details...

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.