Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: zx6r carbs on crossflow
Furry

posted on 20/4/09 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
zx6r carbs on crossflow

hi everyone,
i have some zx6r carbs on my 1.6 xflow and it ticks over with the choke but the moment you try to rev it even slightly it tries to stall. can anyone suggest a set up to get me going the main jets are drilled out to 150. also the vacume on the distributor just goes to air as robinhood said it would run without until i get megajolt, does the timing need adjusting or does the vacum need blocking off.

r1_pete

posted on 21/4/09 at 08:02 AM Reply With Quote
Have you had the carbs to pieces? if so check the joints between the tops/diaphragm/carb body are perfectly sealed, if they arent the slides will not lift as the engine is revved.

You could also check by looking into the crbs as you rev it, do the slides lift?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Roman

posted on 21/4/09 at 08:23 AM Reply With Quote
Hi, sorry I can't help you, but do you have any pics of your carb set up and what air filter are you running as I am in the middle of fitting a set of those carbs to a x/flow.

Cheers

greed1

posted on 3/5/12 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
hi furry
did you get it running right in the end if so please send some pointers my way, i have the exact same problem

thanks graham

ps sorry to bring up an old post but i need to get mine running

[Edited on 3/5/12 by greed1]

Drive it stright sideways

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.