Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: The "other" locost list
macdave69

posted on 23/2/02 at 11:46 AM Reply With Quote
I feel realy left out, because I left the group of my own volition and it sounds like really good fun getting banned.
It's years since i got banned from anywhere and even then the sheep was a liar.
Perhaps i should subscribe again just so they can ban me

stephen_gusterson

posted on 24/2/02 at 03:47 PM Reply With Quote
just a thought

what if all of us just decided to post a gentle invite on 'the other list' to take a look on here, like one at a time, every so often. Then they would have to ban us for posting one post a week each.

Of course, they might threaten to hunt you down with dogs, or get you out of a job or home. Nice balanced response I thought!

ATB

Steve

chrisg

posted on 24/2/02 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
I wouldn't,

You might get a smear campaign started against you, believe me I know!

Cheers

Chris

macdave69

posted on 24/2/02 at 06:22 PM Reply With Quote
how about you just treat them with the contempt they deserve! and totally ignore the BOF's

Are any of these SERIOUS Locosters likely to be at any shows so that we can throw peanuts at them, whilst wearing Ron Champion facemasks?

ChrisW

posted on 3/3/02 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote
Just a thought - wonder why they havn't banned me yet?? After all, the only thing I've ever posted is 'Come to Locostbuilders.co.uk'!

BTW If anyone wants to wind them all up by posting further plugs for this site on there I'd have no objection!

ChrisW

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
David Jenkins

posted on 4/3/02 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

BTW If anyone wants to wind them all up by posting further plugs for this site on there I'd have no objection!

ChrisW

Why bother - I've seen several people like myself who are happily reading both sites. Far better to work in harmony than get childish.

If everything continues as it is at present, I will be referring to this site in a good light when sending posts to the other place.

David

Devilfish

posted on 4/3/02 at 12:34 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Guys,
Just registered here - got peed off with the 'other' list about xmas time, no interest in over opinionated latheless aussies and the constant drivel. Just for the record my locost is based on Opel Manta and the chassis / back axle is nearly finished now (5 months!) - I'm more than happy to help anyone contemplating a similar doner

macdave69

posted on 4/3/02 at 01:25 PM Reply With Quote
welcome to the fold and another locost builder with the sense to use a GM based car for a build.
Devilfish you are truly a man of taste not like some blade engined builders!!!!!!!!

You aren't the guy that plays late night poker are you cos he's a mean sonofab*tch

Devilfish

posted on 4/3/02 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
Never gamble - unless I know I'm going to win. The name is how fishermen refered to Manta Rays before Jack Custard swam with them and discovered them to be gentle giants - like me
macdave69

posted on 4/3/02 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
there ya go!!!

can't wait for the abuse from the hippy as yet another gentle giant (read FB) joins the group
How come every one building these things is over 16 stone???

locodude

posted on 4/3/02 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
Hey
Speak for yourself, I may be 6'2" and large of girth but I like the birds am hollow boned!!!!
Chris (plastictankman)

Metal Hippy™

posted on 4/3/02 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
Why would I post abuse?

It's not all your fault you're a fat bastard.

I have sympathy with you all but at the same time I laugh as I'm 5' 9 and 9 stone....

Lightweight....

Rich.

President of the Non-conformist Locost Builders Club. E-mail for details...

Marcus

posted on 4/3/02 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
Devilfish: I too contemplated using Manta for donor, indeed I had a scrap GT/E sat on the drive for 2 years awaiting something even before I saw the Locost light. I got most of the bits off it but decided that the axle was too wide and the engine too tall. I am still using the odd bit ie steering column, master cylinder, cut down Recaros etc. How are you getting round the torque tube problem - cos that put me off aswell!
Ps anyone want a 5 speed Getrag box - free to good home.
Marcus

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
chrisg

posted on 4/3/02 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
Marcus mate,

Can you sell the gearbox and send me the money?, cuts out the middle man.

Cheers

Chris

Devilfish

posted on 5/3/02 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
Not sure if this should be put in the chassis area but here goes-
I made the chassis 100mm wider at the front and 70mm wider at the rear. I removed the center bearing mount housing and bush tubes from the original cross member (4 spot welds), made a new cross member from 50mm square x 3mm thick tube, with the original bush tubes, wide enough to fit the transmission tunnel. Two angled pieces of scrap 50mm box were drilled, welded to the new cross member and the center bearing mount housing welded to the new cross member between them. All I have to do now is weld mounting brackets into the trans tunnel and weld sheet to the side for strength. This gives me 430mm seating in the drivers side.

Alan B

posted on 5/3/02 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Guys,

So this is where you've all vanished to?
I do monitor both this and the other list, but it looks like I'll visit here more often.
I've nearly finished my frame if anyone's interested, http://www.desicodesign.com/meerkat/

Bye for now,

Alan B

chrisg

posted on 5/3/02 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome Alan,

stick with us mate!

Cheers

Chris

locodude

posted on 5/3/02 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
Chris
You only come to this pub cos' you're barred from the one next door!!!
Chris
p.s. Tony,s car now registered, we've just been for a blast!

Marcus

posted on 5/3/02 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
Do you know, people on the 'other list' would kill for the amount of useful info on this one!
Locodude, hows Tony's pinto compare with the 1700?

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

locodude

posted on 5/3/02 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
Hey up Marcus
I would say they're pretty evenly matched, hard to tell though, mine's a bit quicker on acceleration I think. Who cares when it's this much fun!!
300cc more, more weight, whatever??? We never lost each other and we were'nt hanging around. Called at Martin,s, he rekons we're daft!
See ya
Chris

chrisg

posted on 5/3/02 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah, Barred for dancing on the table.

There's no justice

Cheers

Chris

bigdaddyadd

posted on 7/3/02 at 10:49 PM Reply With Quote
I haven't checked lately but guessing by all the traffic to this subject a lot of the o/t chat that was on the yahoo list must be moving here in a nice containable place where you don't have to sift through it if you dont want and with a bit of luck the emails from the list will contain less repetition and more usefull content so everyones a winner
macdave69

posted on 7/3/02 at 11:04 PM Reply With Quote
and you can dance on the tables

chrisg

posted on 8/3/02 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
SFX:- (Fat bloke dancing on table)

Cheers

Chris Astaire

stephen_gusterson

posted on 13/3/02 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
if you check the other list you will find that all the posts since about middle of last week only fill two pages.

At the rate shown on the home page, there will be about 500 posts this month.

You have to go back over three years to find traffic that low.

Most of them seem to be USA or Aussies that havnt yet found the Aus list. Even peter ogden is on there filtching members and hes a list moderator!

Looks like dougies constant 'this list is not a democracy' shyte has really come back on him.

In the words of nelson in the simpsons haaa-haaa.

atb

steve

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.