Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: FORMULA STUDENT 2004 - BRUNTINGTHORPE
Terrapin_racing

posted on 11/6/04 at 08:59 AM Reply With Quote
FORMULA STUDENT 2004 - BRUNTINGTHORPE

Anyone going to this years Formula student event ?
If you want to attend turn up at bruntingthorpe testing grounds and register with even t control (for insurance purposes) - all spectators welcome to the fantastic event - see the cars, see the teams, see the action

http://www.imeche.org.uk/formulastudent/2004/venue.asp Rescued attachment gen11.JPG
Rescued attachment gen11.JPG

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scoobyis2cool

posted on 11/6/04 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
Yeah I'm gonna be there, I'm at Bath Uni and I'll (hopefully) be working on the team next year so I'm gonna go along and do some "networking"

Pete

It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ned

posted on 11/6/04 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
those 2 red bottles would be very well disguised if they had NOS in them

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

mackie

posted on 11/6/04 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
Those things are insanely light. The Herts Uni ones we saw at their open day weren't much more than 200kg!
I think it had a honda CBR 600cc engine with completely new induction and fueling to optimise it for running with a restrictor. I think the guy said they can still get 80bhp out of them.

ned

posted on 11/6/04 at 03:34 PM Reply With Quote
200kgs, 80bhp, err, that's 400bhp per tonne!!

less with driver i assume..

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

greggors84

posted on 12/6/04 at 01:15 AM Reply With Quote
The Oxford Brookes team recently went over to the US as they did well in the UK event last year. They have just got a deal with triumph, meaning they supply them with 600cc engines. Last year they were having find crash damaged bikes to get the CBR 600 engines from.
When they were in the US, an american uni team member approached them, because they were also using the triumph (the only 2 teams using it i think). They asked how much power they had got out of it, then said they had managed to get around 70bhp out of it, with a big smile on his face. Then one of the brookes team members said oh, weve managed about 104!
Geoff Goddard has been lecturing at our uni for a couple of years now, and is involved with the FStudent team (the reason why the engine is so good). Geoff was at Cosworth for years, and was invloved in the DFV project and the calibra DTM engine. He then got sent over to Indy cars and did wonders for them.
The man is a genius!

[Edited on 12/6/04 by greggors84]

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

posted on 12/6/04 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
Can anybody take some pic's from this event and post them here please?
MikeR

posted on 12/6/04 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
Has anyone told Triumph about how much power they got out of it? I'm sure they'd love to know so they can use it in marketing etc....
greggors84

posted on 12/6/04 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
Im sure triumph could get more, or maybe has more as standard, the problem is the Formula student rules limit the size of the intake to limit performance, the teams then work round this.

Edit: Also ive heard of people getting 800 bhp+ from a 2l duratec, i dont think the manufactures are too bothered. As their main aim isnt all out performance at whatever cost.

[Edited on 12/6/04 by greggors84]

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.