Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Legacy GTB
richard thomas

posted on 6/11/10 at 10:55 PM Reply With Quote
Legacy GTB

Anyone had one?

Looking at an estate version.....facelift version (99)...any pitfalls with these?

Cheers, Rich.

PAUL FISHER

posted on 7/11/10 at 01:55 AM Reply With Quote
I had a Legacy RS 1998 pre face lift, a saloon with a rare manual box, back in 2001 but nothing but trouble, with a very complex sequential twin turbo system, it kept going into limp mode, even Subaru dealer could not sort it, ended up selling it, soon after that I bought a VR4 far better car, quicker and handled better, plus 100% reliable.

[Edited on 19/05/04 by PAUL FISHER]

iscmatt
Contributor

Posts 1929
Registered 30/3/06
Location York

Photo Archive Go!
Building: - BUILT - 2.0 pinto indy, Kent Cam, zzr1100 carbs

posted on 7/11/10 at 03:27 PM Reply With Quote
I have a Legacy 2001 none turbo and its never put a foot wrong, 103,000 miles now!

BigFaceDave

posted on 7/11/10 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote
I had a 1999 legacy 2.5 4cam with the EJ25 engine and it was the biggest piece of cr@p I have ever had all seemed ok when I test drove it and then as soon as I got it home the head gasket went, then the brakes then the electrics started playing up, I cant remember everything that went wrong as I think my mind is trying to forget everything in the 6 months I had it I used my mums car for 4 of those months, 18mpg if you drive it hard and more a less the same if you take it steady. Parts where ridiculous if you needed them in a hurry Subaru wanted £17 for a banjo bolt and another £4 for the copper crush washers to go on it,so everrything had to come of thge internet. Im sure there are good and bad ones but I will never touch another Subaru as long as I live!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.