Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: My new toy
StevieB

posted on 15/5/11 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
My new toy

After a bit of deliberating as to wat I should get, something finally came up on eBay that was too much of a bargain and just around the corner for me to pass on.

So, £1500 later and I have a new toy:

Description
Description

I have my Mod 2 test on 2 June to finish my license - I can't wait to get out for a decent ride on this

mrwibble

posted on 15/5/11 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
wow thats like an alien bike of doooom!
mookaloid

posted on 15/5/11 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

BATHO

posted on 15/5/11 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
Nice that looks in really good nick, what cc are they?
StevieB

posted on 15/5/11 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
955cc triple cylinder. It's basically the same engine they used in the 955 Daytona, only with altered cams to bring the torque in lower down and smooth out the power delivery.

It's in fairly good nick - it's been over a couple of time so there's a small graze on the fairing and tank and both panniers have been battered. However, the tank is plastic, so doesn't dent which means it's only a bit of filling, sanding and painting to sort at some point in the distant future (it can't rust in the meantime though). Panniers are beyond repair but are useable and better they hit the ground than the bike!

It was badly advertised on eBay and wasn't even cleaned (the wheels should be silver for a start - the blackness is road dirt, grease and brake dust). Mileage is 30k for a 2001 bike, not too bad at all. In reasonable condition these things go for £2.5k to £3k. I'm happy to know that I'll probably sell it for a profit when the time comes

skodaman

posted on 15/5/11 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
Looks like a bargain. Probably something to do with the disgusting paint job.

Skodaman

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
pgtips

posted on 16/5/11 at 06:40 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skodaman
Looks like a bargain. Probably something to do with the disgusting paint job.

Even your son in the picture think so............ running out the door and says WOWWW

[Edited on 16-5-11 by pgtips]

If I die, my biggest fear is that my wife sells all my toys for the price I told her I bought them for...

ChrisW

posted on 16/5/11 at 08:12 AM Reply With Quote
Is the paint Triumph Roulette Green by any chance? If so I like the colour... so much so I've just bought 2.5 litres of it for my MR2!

(It was going to be Ford ultimate lime - the colour from the Focus RS - but my painter was complaining about how difficult it was to apply so we changed at the last minute)

Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
StevieB

posted on 16/5/11 at 03:56 PM Reply With Quote
It is actually a nice colour when seen in the flesh - it has a metallic/pearlescent flip to it that makes it a lot better than photo's would suggest.

Plus, you can see it coming a mile off, which is rather high on the priority list for motorcycling!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.