Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Recommend me a manual
Greenie

posted on 13/10/14 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
Recommend me a manual

As said, I am looking fir a manual which will help and guide me through some work on my wiring loom, it a mixed bag of old triumph and new Zetec, no headlights and alternator warning lights along other minor electrical issues, a full bank of fuses not working which may be from the triumph loom, hence this is a winter project and want to strip out the old and enhance the new with the added addition of the warning lights etc.

I ain't that bad with electrics but still need some guidance hence a nice simple manual may assist, so is there anyone who can recommend one, if one does exist?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
hkp57

posted on 13/10/14 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
eBay Item

Fleet
SKC Raptor R - Hayabusa
Toyota C-HR Hybrid Limited Edition
Honda VFR1200 CrossTourer
DCT
Marlin Roadster 1800
Mercedes Vito 116 Sport

monkeyarms

posted on 13/10/14 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
This is always worth a read, made by a member of Locostbuilders i think?

How to wire a kit car

Andybarbet

posted on 13/10/14 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
If you go for the kit car wiring book mentioned above, it's about £6 2nd hand on amazon at the moment.

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

Greenie

posted on 13/10/14 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
Can't find the one in Amazon, do you have the link?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Andybarbet

posted on 13/10/14 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
Try this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1899814205?cache=15e985cb78b1221955f382f271af1e65&pi=SX200_QL40&qid=1413235981&sr=8-1#ref=mp_s_a_1_1

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

Andybarbet

posted on 13/10/14 at 09:50 PM Reply With Quote
It says £2.49 (presumably plus a couple of quid for postage)

Looks like they only have one copy so you might have to be quick.

Good luck, I nearly bought it yesterday, thought I'de better check in my garage first & found a copy that I had forgotten ! Can't even remember buying it :-)

blakep82

posted on 13/10/14 at 10:55 PM Reply With Quote
This one
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Automotive-Electrical-Electronic-Systems-Techbooks/dp/1859600492

Or the older version (but the same as far as I can tell) for a penny!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Automobile-Electrical-Electronic-Systems-Essential/dp/185010588X

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Greenie

posted on 13/10/14 at 11:31 PM Reply With Quote
Great lads again!
cliftyhanger

posted on 14/10/14 at 07:45 AM Reply With Quote
Which Triumph is the loom from? Am guessing a dolomite? Do you have a wiring diagram for it? And which parts are you using.

BTW most Triumphs ran on 2-4 fuses, some had none......

Greenie

posted on 14/10/14 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
Dolomite loom.... Not had the car long and coming across little us sues with the wiring which need sorting, their are two banks of fuses both with 4 fuses in, one bank has not live in or out.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.