Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Dune II
Mr Whippy

posted on 2/3/24 at 05:49 PM Reply With Quote
Dune II

Super exited seeing it tomorrow.

Kind of know the story, I've read all the books quite a few times, but still omg! Do hope they make the rest of them.

I also hear he wants to do Rama next can it really be done?? don't know...

[Edited on 2/3/24 by Mr Whippy]

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 2/3/24 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like a good film. Don't know how I missed the first tbh.

Iron Maiden wrote a song based on Dune and asked permission from the author. He said he didn't want it making into a song, and wouldn't choose Maiden if he did lol. They just called it 'to tame a land' and released it anyway

[Edited on 2/3/24 by JoelP]

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Slimy38

posted on 2/3/24 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
I enjoyed the first half, and even knowing it was cut in two I was still a bit disappointed when the credits rolled. I'm looking forward to the second half though.

I've not even gone new a Dune book, and I must be the only person on the planet who actually enjoyed David Lynch's version.

Mr Whippy

posted on 3/3/24 at 07:58 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slimy38

I've not even gone new a Dune book, and I must be the only person on the planet who actually enjoyed David Lynch's version.

I also like the Lynch version as the costumes and music was great, however it was directed by someone who refused to even read the book and it really showed as the story arc, especially the ending was completely wrong.

There is a version on Youtube that is almost the whole uncut length of the 1984 film assembled by a fan which is much better but the still the ending misses the entire point of the original story. It's one of the reasons it's so easy to spot people pretending to have read the book/s but instead they describe the conclusion of 80's film

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mr Whippy

posted on 3/3/24 at 11:46 PM Reply With Quote
Well that was amazing . Almost 3hrs long and it just tore through the story! I need to go and see it again

loggyboy

posted on 4/3/24 at 11:12 AM Reply With Quote
Is this just a 2 parter? or is there more due? Seen 1st a couple of times and hoping to see part 2 next week.

Mistral Motorsport

Mr Whippy

posted on 4/3/24 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
This is the second part of the film, and the conclusion of the first Dune book. There were scenes that can only be from the next 2 books though, so here's hoping they keep going.

As the next book is quite small, Dune Messiah, I suspect they will combine that with Children of Dune as another 2 part film. I think the tv mini series did the same thing. To do so would complete the story arc and the cover the fate of Paul.

Whether they go as far as God Emperor of Dune, the later story of Leto II and the rest of the books I don't know, I can't see them being as popular as films tbh.

loggyboy

posted on 4/3/24 at 01:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
This is the second part of the film, and the conclusion of the first Dune book. There were scenes that can only be from the next 2 books though, so here's hoping they keep going.

As the next book is quite small, Dune Messiah, I suspect they will combine that with Children of Dune as another 2 part film. I think the tv mini series did the same thing. To do so would complete the story arc and the cover the fate of Paul.

Whether they go as far as God Emperor of Dune, the later story of Leto II and the rest of the books I don't know, I can't see them being as popular as films tbh.

Cheers!

Mistral Motorsport

Simon

posted on 5/3/24 at 11:17 PM Reply With Quote
Big fan of the 1984 film and massive fan of Part 1. Looking forward to seeing Part 2, prob next week.

Excited about the prospect of RAMA - loved those books very much.

If you're a fan of The Martian, they are supposed to be making Andy Weir's Project Hail Mary with Ryan Gosling.

Slimy38

posted on 6/3/24 at 08:31 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Simon

If you're a fan of The Martian, they are supposed to be making Andy Weir's Project Hail Mary with Ryan Gosling.

Ah, much appreciated. We loved the Martian and have watched it far too many times. We even bought the BluRay at the time because it came with the book, and thoroughly enjoyed that too.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.