Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ventilation Help
Hellfire

posted on 1/4/05 at 04:25 PM Reply With Quote
Ventilation Help

I'm trying to join three 100mm ID ventilation tubes. In good old LB fashion I'm doing it myself. I'm trying to get a template from a drawing made up in Solidworks 2005. I've only got as far as the base tube and I'm struggling with the 2D 60 degree angles coming from in in the shape of a "Y". Can anyone give me some advice on how to do it myself (preferably) or please do it for me. I'm struggling with this CAD thing... normally I'm pretty good at working things out for myself but this has really got my brain in knots. I think I better go on a course for it... If anyone with a little experience with it fancies being online this evening about 22:00 on MSN acting as a tutor I'd be more than grateful.

Many thanks in anticipation

Hellfire

posted on 1/4/05 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
I've finally managed it... took 6 hours but now I know how to do it!!!! No tutorial.... god I'm chuffed!

Hellfire

posted on 1/4/05 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
There we go...

Description
Description

Mad Dave

posted on 3/4/05 at 06:24 AM Reply With Quote
Did you use the Weldments feature to create this?

Dave

Hellfire

posted on 3/4/05 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
No I didn't use the weldments feature though I looked at it. The reason I didn't it because I need to split it then use it to create a template for me to wrap around the tubes for me to use as cut lines. Do that in triplicate and I "should" have three identical components to join up perfectly. We'll see won't we?

Hellfire

posted on 18/4/05 at 09:07 AM Reply With Quote
Regarding the weldments feature - you cannot split the component in it's state. I manufactured from Sheet Metal mirrored the image about it's axis, then duplicated in three planes to create my component.

I then isolated one component and "unfolded" the item. Printed it out in 1:1 scale on A4 wrapped it around the actual tube and hey presto - a perfect fit!!! Isn't technology marvellous!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.