Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: GUTTED !!
Peter Cowley

posted on 13/7/05 at 12:23 PM Reply With Quote
GUTTED !!

Just finished cleaning the westie on Saturday, then took it out for a quick spin...... a word of warning.... make sure your bonnet is clipped down !

Mine flew off at 30mph, luckily there was nobody behind me. Slightly pixxed off as it was brand new. Had to place my order for a new one yesterday from the factory £190

Expensive mistake

Peter.

jonbeedle

posted on 13/7/05 at 12:36 PM Reply With Quote
OOPs!

"Everyone is entitled to an opinion however stupid!"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
David Jenkins

posted on 13/7/05 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
Nearly did this the other day - fastened one side, not the other. Started flapping as I drove up the road...

David

Peter Cowley

posted on 13/7/05 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
believe me the air was blue on Saturday

The missus knows to stay out of my way when I'm in one of those moods

GeoffT

posted on 13/7/05 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
Drove mine down to Andover a few weeks ago, touched 105mph at one point on the A303. On arrival at destination guy asked if he could look under the bonnet - didn't need to undo the catches as all 4 were hanging free.......

Now THAT'S what I call lucky.....

donut

posted on 13/7/05 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
You MUST be insured with 'More than' !!

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Bluemoon

posted on 13/7/05 at 02:00 PM Reply With Quote
Their must be a solution to this, I think I re-call someone using the catches as electrical contacts, so a light on the dash would tell you the bonnet was not secured...

Any ideas?

jollygreengiant

posted on 13/7/05 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
cheer up mate at least no-one hurt. worst thing like that, that I witnessed was a chap who landed his Cessna (Twin engined, 1 at back, 1 at rear; three bladed variable pitch props; and retractable tricicle under carriage) on the long runway at Sywell. His aircraft came to a halt after only 20 - 30 yards and he got out screaming, "FFFF"ing and kicking the plane. He was at this time about 3/4 of mile from the club house and we could hear him quite clearly.
The touble was he Forgot to let the wheels down before landing it. Even funnier was that he had only just got the aircraft back from the repairers workshop (like two days) having done exactly the same thing Two months earlier!.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

Peter Cowley

posted on 13/7/05 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
Theres one thing for sure ... I won't do it again unlike the chap with the cessna
Hellfire

posted on 14/7/05 at 07:17 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jollygreengiant
cheer up mate at least no-one hurt. worst thing like that, that I witnessed was a chap who landed his Cessna (Twin engined, 1 at back, 1 at rear; three bladed variable pitch props; and retractable tricicle under carriage) on the long runway at Sywell. His aircraft came to a halt after only 20 - 30 yards and he got out screaming, "FFFF"ing and kicking the plane. He was at this time about 3/4 of mile from the club house and we could hear him quite clearly.
The touble was he Forgot to let the wheels down before landing it. Even funnier was that he had only just got the aircraft back from the repairers workshop (like two days) having done exactly the same thing Two months earlier!.

Sounds terrible... but very funny!

DarrenW

posted on 15/7/05 at 08:52 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
quote:
Originally posted by jollygreengiant

Sounds terrible... but very funny!

Thats one of the best stories ive heard for ages - im ill with laughter!!!! Superb ........... Ive just fell off my chair!!!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.