New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: More hassle on 'the other list'
stephen_gusterson

posted on 1/4/02 at 10:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Hi Steve,

Post this:-

{to the tune of the Monty Python spam song}

CHRIS,CHRIS,CHRIS,CHRIS,CHRIS,CHRIS,CHRIS,CHRISssssss,wonderful CHRIS,marvellous CHRIS!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Um........Chris

Actually, i dont recon thats abusive enough for the 'other list' - anyway, all the people that dont like you have gone away with their heads hung in shame, so you could now Chris.........

Peter Ogden has woken up though to the news he now has three locost lists to his name, and is rattling his sabre slightly.

Thats not rude btw

ATB

STEVE, STEVE, STEVE, STEVE.......

David Jenkins

posted on 2/4/02 at 08:10 AM Reply With Quote
I agree with Steve - just leave the other group alone to sort themselves out. It's interesting that this little spat fizzled out within a day or so - most people made a point of not getting involved and perpetuating the row.

I also agree that people (like me) can be members of both lists without any conflict.

The 2 stroppy owner/moderators seem to have gone, so things may quieten down. I've had dealings with Peter Ogden in the past - seems like a gentleman, so let's not give him a hard time, eh?

Good grief, I've agreed with Steve on three counts - that's a first!

David

stephen_gusterson

posted on 2/4/02 at 08:42 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Good grief, I've agreed with Steve on three counts - that's a first!

David

Yep, but you are after me sending you a copy of that software manual

When I was involved in hassle on tother list in the past, the only moderator with any reason or 'go' in him was mr Ogden, and he seemed fair and sensible. So, there's an agreement back at cha.

ATB

Steve

David Jenkins

posted on 2/4/02 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Yep, but you are after me sending you a copy of that software manual

I'm not afraid to grovel if it serves my needs...

Dunc

posted on 5/4/02 at 07:06 AM Reply With Quote
Whats the web address of this other list, I fancy a swatch at it to see what all the fuss is about.

Dunc

bob

posted on 5/4/02 at 08:12 AM Reply With Quote
Dunc

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/locost/

It only blows up now and again,next one will be start of the summer hols.
I've calculated this because they were at it before xmas and then easter,so its obvious they hate kids.
cheers

stephen_gusterson

posted on 5/4/02 at 08:34 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Dunc

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/locost/

It only blows up now and again,next one will be start of the summer hols.
I've calculated this because they were at it before xmas and then easter,so its obvious they hate kids.
cheers

Good Theory.

It looks to me though that its at least every 4-6 weeks.

atb

Steve

Just look for a Wally or DonDavis post, or Roycewhatsit.

Dunc

posted on 5/4/02 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
4 fox sake, I see what you mean about Wally. From what I read of his posts he has contributed nothing useful to the list. Just being bitchy to everyone with all that back talk, justifying his existence and all that. What was that wee about aliens, does he know what a Locost is, I think not.

But I guessed his job, thought it would either be traffic cop or IT. IT it was. No-one else can be that much of a tosser and work anywhere else. No offence to anyone working in IT on this list, but from my experiences with my own company IT group I know these guys are on a constant power trip. Never have the works of 'Dilbert' been so true.

stephen_gusterson

posted on 5/4/02 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
4 fox sake, I see what you mean about Wally. From what I read of his posts he has contributed nothing useful to the list.

Wally admitted I think to having the inch square tubing in his swept garage at the point he was made a temporary moderator. Does that count?

DonDavis to me is worse, cos hes just a sarchastic critical obnoxious human being. Theres a fantastic post from him in the USA group about making up the front trapezoidal frame.

Shame he's not a more talkative nice guy - the ford merkur 2.3l turbo motor he's using seems really interesting

Anyway, room for all I recon. Even the less worthy.

ATB

Steve

Dunc

posted on 5/4/02 at 01:45 PM Reply With Quote
Steve,

Read the sarcastic posts, some folk can be right wankers. Although I haven't seen pics of yours I think using square tubes for wishbones is an excellent idea, comparing like for like they would be approx 25% heavier than round but would be 70% stiffer. I'm now considering using square for the rear wishbone.

Dunc.

stephen_gusterson

posted on 5/4/02 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Steve,

Read the sarcastic posts, some folk can be right wankers. Although I haven't seen pics of yours I think using square tubes for wishbones is an excellent idea, comparing like for like they would be approx 25% heavier than round but would be 70% stiffer. I'm now considering using square for the rear wishbone.

Dunc.

Yeah - how I would have loved to have given Donny both barrels in reply - but gotta be nice

You have to remember that my wishbones will be covered by a wing (Morgan like) so it dont matter what they look like. However, I recon they would look quite nice if chromed -mine are painted black.

I am not too happy the way the top ones turned out, so im going to do them again.

My car uses rod ends (rose joints). The plan is to get two 25mm x 25mm x 35mm steel blocks machined and tapped M16. These are the ends of the 'bones' at the pivot point where they thread to the rose joints. At the Transit rod end, I plan to get a similar block, tapped M18 x 1.5 fine, and weld at an angle, ala MK indy 'bones. I recon thats gonna be really strong and look quite nice - till it gets painted black!

Go and be different!

ATB

Steve

chrisg

posted on 5/4/02 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
Steve,

Anyway, room for all I recon. Even the less worthy

unquote

Not ALL,

*sob*

Cheers

Chris

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.