Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: irs on locost chassis
neo-uk

posted on 6/12/01 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
irs on locost chassis

has any one got info and or close up pic of the irs. so that i can change my kit to irs
neo

Dunc

posted on 6/12/01 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
I might have, I'll need to have a look. I was at the Stoneleigh kit car show in May there and there were a few examples of IRS chassis for various 7's there. Need to figure it out how to post them here though!
Dunc.

neo-uk

posted on 7/12/01 at 02:09 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for responding so quickly dunc any info or pic will be good
neo

ChrisW

posted on 7/12/01 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
Locost Limited sell a 'convert your kit to IRS' frame but it's about £250! Might be worth a look if your serious about IRS. From what I've heard it's a bit of a nightmare if you don't get it spot on.

Dunc - if you have a picture, email it to me and I'll make some kind of photo page.

Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bob

posted on 28/1/02 at 11:35 PM Reply With Quote
If anyone in the south wants to come and look at my MK Indy chassis they are welcome.
bigdaddyadd

posted on 29/1/02 at 11:49 PM Reply With Quote
On much the same line does anyone have detailed plans for using the complete de dion rear end. I saw on one an early MK and it looked to be held by trailing arms and panahrd rod. Any info gratefully recieved
Adam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
macdave69

posted on 30/1/02 at 07:48 AM Reply With Quote
If you are near Chesterfield, you can look at mine!
Martin changed the design from the blade show car and does look better although if you are using a 4x4 diff you have to bugger about with 2 sets of driveshafts not much hassle but watch out for the oil!!!!
It is held on by trailing arms and a panhard, thats how they work by combining irs with live axle. Apparently there is a more comfortable ride with irs but better traction characteristics with de dion,
I must say it is a smart bit of kit (as with all MK stuff)

britishtrident

posted on 6/3/04 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote
de dion plans

Found de Dions irs plans at this url

http://www.craig.chamberlain.name/locost/de-dion/dediontext.html

[Edited on 6/3/04 by britishtrident]

JoelP

posted on 6/3/04 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
thats craig who posts on here...

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

M@Triton

posted on 6/3/04 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
De-Dion axle set-up specifically for the book chassis £150.00 includes trailing arms and panhard rod
www.gtstuning.co.uk
www.tritonsportscars.com

Digger Barnes

posted on 8/3/04 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
Hello neo-uk I have just started building my own version of a locost and I have gone down the IRS route even though it has been suggested that this will be allot of extra work. (It certainly requires allot of extra thought).

Anyway back to the topic in a round about way. I am building a piece of software to help design double wishbone suspension. It will be some time before it is complete (due to other commitments over the next week or two). But if it will be of any use to you, so far it can be used to predict camber change in bump and droop given wishbone lengths and pickup points. So you can evaluate a few designs and possibly run a few simulations to modify them so the camber change matches that of the front of your car (I am told that is a desirable trait).

If you want a copy U2U me, it will be compiled on windows XP but should work on 2000 and possibly 95b/98

JoelP

posted on 8/3/04 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
its 2 years since neo uk last logged on so it would be suprising if he sees this thread's back!

sounds a good idea with the program though...

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Digger Barnes

posted on 8/3/04 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
oops, tired just got home from work and have not logged on for a week or three. But if it will be of use to anyone U2U me for a copy.
elitewiring

posted on 10/3/04 at 10:33 PM Reply With Quote
chrisw,
as a luego owner i thought you might already know that 'locost limited' doesn't exist any more, luego is the same company (new name).although they dont talk about there history much!!!

[Edited on 10/3/04 by elitewiring]

stephen_gusterson

posted on 10/3/04 at 10:45 PM Reply With Quote
my understanding is that locost limited was fronted by ron champion, and they bought bits from Luego to sell on..... they were not the same co AFAIK

atb

steve

elitewiring

posted on 11/3/04 at 01:40 AM Reply With Quote
here goes with the history lesson.
locost limited, owned by ron champion, mark benton, and tony somebody (can't remember his name, silent type partner), company bought parts off of luego (engineering) which was owned by tony, then locost limited went bust, champions dodgy trading!!, company then became luego (engineering), exit ron champion and mark benton, then grant and matt (who work for and managed luego (engineering)) bought the rights to the company and changed the name to luego sportscars. which is how it is now. hope thats clear now.
of course i know all this because i have worked with/been involved with the company during these changes.

James

posted on 12/3/04 at 10:50 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by elitewiring
chrisw,
as a luego owner i thought you might already know that 'locost limited' doesn't exist any more, luego is the same company (new name).although they dont talk about there history much!!!

[Edited on 10/3/04 by elitewiring]

Elite,

The last post ChrisW wrote on this thread was 07/12/01!!!
He only got his Luego last year. Bear in mind this is a really old thread that's been resurrected!

All the best,

James

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.