Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: TOL at it again........
chrisg

posted on 20/2/03 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
I seriously couldn't be arsed, its all in the past, and if it's not you then he's got you off to a tee.

I'm not a member there now (as you know) but members get to see e-mail addresses, mail him and ask him if it's you.

B4 they unsub you (tomorrow probably)

It's much more fun for you over there, keep it up and they'll make you a moderator!

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

chrisg

posted on 21/2/03 at 11:43 PM Reply With Quote
Respect

Well, I was wrong, you saw the day out (by letting"Dr Jekell" out for a while) but getting them to change the name of the forum........That is amazing. If only your powers could be used for good instead of evil.....................

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

Macca

posted on 23/2/03 at 01:42 PM Reply With Quote
Plus I would have spelled my name right

SPELT?

You went to which school?

Col (from the comp)

Considerably

posted on 23/2/03 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
Both are a correct past tense.

Dreamed ... Dreamt
Learned ... Learnt
Spelled ... Spelt

So there

chrisg

posted on 23/2/03 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
Bye then.

Cheers

Chris

Spyderman

posted on 23/2/03 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Considerably
Both are a correct past tense.

Dreamed ... Dreamt
Learned ... Learnt
Spelled ... Spelt

So there

No they are not!
Learned means having knowledge, or in reference to the legal profession.
Learnt means past tense of learn!

Spelled is a present tense not past.
Spelt is past tense!

So there!

Terry

It would depend on which dictionary you use though. A good English Dictionary or a dictionary for beginers!

Spyderman

Considerably

posted on 23/2/03 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
Hmmm, can't quite work out of you are being serious.

If so, then you really are spectacularly ill educated. Still, being illiterate is not the burden it used to be, I am sure you find interestingly menial labour.

Sadly there really is no cure for cretinism.

How could I have even THOUGHT about leaving you chaps ... when this is so much fun.

p.s. Wynford Hicks, who lectures in English at the LSE agrees with me, I have a copy of "English for Journalists" with me right now.

Plus he has a few good pointers on Past and Present tense, which you might find useful, as you appear not to know the difference.

Unless of course you are using the Midlands vernacular ...

"I learned him" .... "I won him 2-0"

chrisg

posted on 23/2/03 at 11:38 PM Reply With Quote
Bye then

Cheers

Chris

James Hughes

posted on 24/2/03 at 12:03 PM Reply With Quote
Hmm, is it the same con-siderable?

Hello Guys,

just popped over to see what you are saying about the list.

FWIW, its a shame that Alan was pissed off 'bout listers 'ordering' him to unsub Mr Considerable. I agree with Alan - he didnt do anything contravening the rules, so why should he be unsubbed? We don't have any rules banning idiots, otherwise anyone building their own chassis would be barred...(including me)

Just so you know, there ARE a lot of builders on the list (from a comment here!!), and a lot of lurkers. Hey Ho, that how it goes.

Sorry many of you guys feel its such a crap list - it isnt most of the time. Only when tossers like con_soderable deliberately stir things up. Shame that some of the list members get drawn into it. Oh well, with 1500 of them there bound to be a few who cant help themselves!!

Anyway, must get back to moderating TOL, you never know who's going to turn up.

James H
Remaining Moderator, TOL!!

Considerably

posted on 24/2/03 at 12:21 PM Reply With Quote
* Only when tossers like con_soderable deliberately stir things up

Was hardly difficult, now was it. You seem to have particularly uptight bunch over there.

I particularly loved the guy who INSISTED I was in Canada !

Macca

posted on 24/2/03 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
Hmmm, can't quite work out of you are being serious.

If so, then you really are spectacularly ill educated.

I must be as I am unable to make sense of this

Hmmm, can't quite work out of you are being serious!!!!!!

Cheers Col

Considerably

posted on 24/2/03 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
Ooops, typo.

Hmmm, can't quite work out if you are being serious!!!!!!

In reference to ....

*Learned means having knowledge, or in reference to the legal profession.

True, but it is also the past tense of the verb "To learn" .... "Yesterday I learned that the Yahoo Locost listers have rabies"

*Spelled is a present tense not past.

Er, no. "I can spell apple" vs. "In the above I spelled 'of" incorrectly".

James Hughes

posted on 24/2/03 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
Uptight bunch?

I guess we do have an uptight 0.3%....

Still, better than the 0.07% of tosspieces....

L&K

James

James Hughes

posted on 24/2/03 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
For ChrisG

Hi Chris....

Noticed you mentioned resubbing to TOL !!

Thought you would like to know that I took you off the banned list some months ago (I think when I became the moderator!). Mainly because I didn't think you had done anything wrong!!

Anyway, you are more than welcome.

James

Considerably

posted on 24/2/03 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
*Still, better than the 0.07% of tosspieces....

They are going to love you if I start re-posting again, and give my reason as your continued bad attitude

Seemed like they didn't think much of you before !

Just need to get rid of my remedial english class first, then I will be gone from here too

Spyderman

posted on 24/2/03 at 05:10 PM Reply With Quote
Seems like I shot myself in the foot by responding to your post!

I should have known better, being an eva' so humble midlander (tips his hat in respect), that by replying I should give you reason to execute your infinite wit! You being so learnt an' all!
I should be so grateful that you didn't see fit to have me flogged!

Spyderman

Considerably

posted on 24/2/03 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote
I will see what I can do
chrisg

posted on 24/2/03 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

For ChrisG

Hi Chris.... Noticed you mentioned resubbing to TOL !!

Thought you would like to know that I took you off the banned list some months ago (I think when I became the moderator!). Mainly because I didn't think you had done anything wrong!!

James

Thanks James, I've never really been away, I read the list most days, but I wouldn't really want to post again, it's not something I'd want to go through again!

Plus it might dilute the wit and wisdom I dispense daily on here.

Thanks for the offer tho........

Cheers

Chris

stephen_gusterson

posted on 24/2/03 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James Hughes
Hello Guys,

just popped over to see what you are saying about the list.

FWIW, its a shame that Alan was pissed off 'bout listers 'ordering' him to unsub Mr Considerable. I agree with Alan - he didnt do anything contravening the rules, so why should he be unsubbed? We don't have any rules banning idiots, otherwise anyone building their own chassis would be barred...(including me)

Just so you know, there ARE a lot of builders on the list (from a comment here!!), and a lot of lurkers. Hey Ho, that how it goes.

Sorry many of you guys feel its such a crap list - it isnt most of the time. Only when tossers like con_soderable deliberately stir things up. Shame that some of the list members get drawn into it. Oh well, with 1500 of them there bound to be a few who cant help themselves!!

Anyway, must get back to moderating TOL, you never know who's going to turn up.

James H
Remaining Moderator, TOL!!

dont give up on TOL james

Nice to see you here.

Have you seen how the more mature can handle considerably.

BTW mr considerably

dont feel to great about the stir you caued on TOL.
Its way to easy and cant be considered an acheivment at all..

atb

steve

stephen_gusterson

posted on 24/2/03 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
ATTENTION CHRISG

ATTENTION CHRISG
ATTENTION CHRISG
ATTENTION CHRISG
ATTENTION CHRISG

There it is in black and whatever yer got yer background set to.

You said you were unsubscribed.

Mr Hughes said he unbanned you.

Implies you were BANNED which isnt a voluntary act.

Mr Gibbs, as I never doubted, you were right all along

You were pushed!

You never jumped!

(bet it took some kinda shove, if your reputation is true :0) )

atb

steve

quote:
Originally posted by James Hughes
Hi Chris....

Noticed you mentioned resubbing to TOL !!

James

[Edited on 24/2/03 by stephen_gusterson]

D Beddows

posted on 24/2/03 at 11:50 PM Reply With Quote
He he he, such a stupid argument!! That the message posted by Con_siderably (whoever he may be) has caused so much bo**ocks is incredi.......no hang on what am I thinking!! Mr Hughes is known in Locost racing circles as 'The Lawnmower Man' due to his sage advice on the Locost Racing list about tuning x_flow engines based on his experience with Honda GX160 engines in go-karts (as it happens for my sins I have been a go-kart mechanic on a professional basis and, apart from it being a 4-stroke engine there are NO similarities) so why should I be suprised that someone sugesting people should learn to walk before they start running ie build a 'simple' car with a 'simple engine and actualy be able to drive it/know how it handles before they start designing the 21st century Mclaren F1 - should put so may peoples backs up..........
Metal Hippy™

posted on 25/2/03 at 03:11 AM Reply With Quote
I've just sat for the last 45 mins trawling through every post since he started his 'debate' last Thursday....

Having never even bothered to look at TOL before now I wondered if I might be missing something useful.

Having read posts other than those related to Considerably I can see I've missed nowt as any technical information or advice I can get hold of on here.

It's gotta be said that if I was moderator of it there would have been about a million bans, none of which would have been Con.

And congrats to Gusterwotsit for finally losing his respect for TOL.

LONG LIVE LOCOSTBUILDERS (cause TOL is dying on its arse)

Hip hip...

President of the Non-conformist Locost Builders Club. E-mail for details...

Considerably

posted on 25/2/03 at 09:21 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

BTW mr considerably

dont feel to great about the stir you caued on TOL.
Its way to easy and cant be considered an acheivment at all..

Trust me, I don't feel great...I feel quite bad.

Contrary to popular belief I don't do this for a living. My original intent HERE was to respond to some fairly unpleasant stuff about Caterham owners. I hope we came to some sort of agreement ... that yes, every "group" have their "objects of derision" (ours is Westfields) but that the internet is generally an open place, and perhaps a degree of restraint is in order. As Mr Ison very put it so well, if we met for a beer, we would no doubt get on OK, and spend a long time talking about cars or Kylie.

I am no more like "Tim-nice-but-dim" that you guys are like "Wayne Slob"....but we can't let that get in the way of a good bit of banter, now can we.

The TOL thing was a bit more speculative, although I was, and still am, quite serious about the Lotus Seven "link" ... I paid a lot of good money for the "real" link

...but I had no idea it would turn into QUITE such a feeding frenzy, hence my continued absence.

Anyway, enjoy your cars. And if you see someone driving a Caterham around the Boxhill area... chuck something at them .. it might be me !!!

bob

posted on 25/2/03 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
con

Why dont you get yourself over to Box Hill on sunday the 2nd,we can have a cuppa and all live happily ever after

We meet every 1st sunday at 10am

Considerably

posted on 25/2/03 at 04:01 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the offer.

Actually I turned up for the February one .. but about 90 mins late. Just bikes in the car park - ahhh, now I am thinking you might not mean Rykers ? Do you meet in the NT carpark at the top ?

Won't make March, as getting v.v. drunk on the Saturday, and won't be sufficently sober by 10am, plus have to make cooked breakie for guests.

Will wave a bacon sandwich at Boxhill for you.

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.