Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: can i try car for size
richard

posted on 10/6/03 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
can i try car for size

myself and a mate would greatly appreciate being able to seat in a completed book size locost to try it for size and maybe the owner would take us for a drive, to finalise our fears that we will be compfortable as we want to start one soon but at present are unable to get to shows or meetings. we are in croydon or forest hill area.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ned

posted on 11/6/03 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
donut has an MK, slight;y bigger than book, unfinished, but he's in croyden.

Steve m is near crawley, not to fa, just down the m23, I had a ride in his, though the book chassis did strike me as being on the smaller side, hence the mcsorly +4 +6 chassis....

all IMO

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
steve m

posted on 11/6/03 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
Richard

As Ned says my car is "book built" in all chassis dimesions, and as I am only 5'5" tall it poses no problems, i would say that for any comfort that any one over 5'8' ish that you would need to think about a longer /wider chassis, but there are ways around these dimensions ie seats right back on the rear firewall and pedals mounted closer to the front firewall

my car is built exactley for me, and as i know that i will never get taller, the peddles and seat are fixed
I may get wider and their is plenty of expansion in the seating area to accomodate
however as years go on i may/will get shorter in which case wooden blocks will be added to the peddles

I ma in crawley if you would like to come down. just email me

steve

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.