Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Is it just me ?
Jon Ison

posted on 24/6/07 at 09:18 AM Reply With Quote
Is it just me ?

Or does every day this site get more and more like a Rivals football site, been, for my sins a Mansfield Town supporter there is plenty of Internet rivalry with local rivals Chesterfield on football boards, that's to be expected, most of it good humoured with plenty of banter......

This is locostbuilders, thought we all batted for the same side ?
We have people now dead set on causing friction, posting posts designed to get a reaction rather than pass on information.....

It will be the death of a once great forum if it continues.......

All imho of course.

mark chandler

posted on 24/6/07 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
Sadly there does indeed seem to be lots of rather pathetic points scoring to very little purpose.....

Are you allowed IMHO any more ?

McLannahan

posted on 24/6/07 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
Jon - Very true!

Perhaps we're all on here too much at present as the weather's poor!

westf27

posted on 24/6/07 at 09:41 AM Reply With Quote
Totally agree,I wonder whether suppliers and the like should be involved in posting as this area seems to cause the most problems,ie service and customer care.Perhaps they should go into an area were they have a visible star rating for various things,and you make your decision from there.When all is said and done various sites have similar problems.Egos and the like seem to overun the initial objective which should be to help and assist others in their builds.Popcorn eating on this site is taking its toll
mistergrumpy

posted on 24/6/07 at 09:41 AM Reply With Quote
There does seem to be a little bit of friction going on lately but I still think its a great site. I know who the standard stirrers are and the usual posts and sometimes I look at them and sometimes I don't. The sites still a wealth of information for absolutely anything and regardless of the few I'm still amazed at the lengths that some people go to to help others out. Stick with it fellas and take it with a pinch of salt. There's always someone somewhere, at work or wherever who wants to be different and get one over on everywhere else, balls to them they won't beat me at least! Come on chins up

bob

posted on 24/6/07 at 09:42 AM Reply With Quote
The site seems a different place once your on the road,maybe we all realise that.Jon is very right though and i feel sorry for the newcomers who have to start somewhere.Its not exactly very welcoming on occasions.

I might give it a break for a while,have a sort of holiday.

mistergrumpy

posted on 24/6/07 at 09:49 AM Reply With Quote
Yeah but that means alls thats left is the stirrers.

posted on 24/6/07 at 09:54 AM Reply With Quote
IMHO I don't think much has changed.

I just been reading a thread that has a link on the same subject from 2 years ago.

It's still a crackin' site though.

Paul G

JoelP

posted on 24/6/07 at 10:21 AM Reply With Quote
yeah, for years it been explosive at times. Compared to other forums this site is damned friendly and polite!
keithice

posted on 24/6/07 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hicost
I kind of see what you mean.

Nothing much has changed over the years, the good thing about a forum is you can choose to read a post and comment or just say nothing. When you go to a show you can do likewise.

Lately opinions are shouted from the highest mountain, things we can see and hear are thrust at us like we are silly or unable to see the obvious.

Its like an attention deficit problem, bit like a Z list celebrities’ on big brother dropping there pants every five minutes to show us they are still there.

No need for it really. Great site and a great resource for everything cars and more.

Smile and wave boys.... Smile and wave....

iank

posted on 24/6/07 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
I'm with mistergrumpy on this one, it's pretty obvious after 1 or 2 posts which threads are going to get shouty, so I ignore them.

It's the nature of the medium really, combined with standard human psychology it's bound to happen, as Paul says it's always been this way, and it's a lot better than 95% of forums. Just ignore it.

A bit of humour showing how it works
Description
Description

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Wadders

posted on 24/6/07 at 12:11 PM Reply With Quote
Classic!

Originally posted by iank

A bit of humour showing how it works
Description
Description

David Jenkins

posted on 24/6/07 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
I treat everything on this site with a huge pinch of salt - but I do enjoy it immensely.

I have a few basic principles:

If I see that certain individuals are getting over-excited by a topic I won't visit it again.

If I see certain subjects come up, I won't visit that topic again (e.g. anything to do with GTS)

If I ask a question, I'll listen to all the answers, then make up my own mind based on my own assessment of them.

If I answer a question, I'll try to indicate that it's what I've done, or it's only my opinion, not that it's a definitive answer to someone's problem.

Works for me...
David

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.