Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: golf gti vs ferrari
skydivepaul

posted on 4/7/07 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
golf gti vs ferrari

O.K. i know you cant actually buy this golf GTI but i really like the look of it.

linky

http://www.smartideasuk.com
http://www.smartmapping.co.uk
HD CCTV
3D design solutions and integration
IP security systems
access control systems

oldmanmille

posted on 4/7/07 at 03:48 PM Reply With Quote
My Scooby type RA hit 62 in 3.9.....

it was awesome....

topped out at 120mph though due to the gearing

worX

posted on 4/7/07 at 03:53 PM Reply With Quote
I don't care what others say about subaru's - I think they are the absolute dogs danglies!

If it wasn't for the high running costs, I would have one in a heartbeat!

I can't find a pic of my friends (McLannahan's) but it really was a cool car - big turbo, new bottom end, full cage etc!!!

Steve

zxrlocost

posted on 4/7/07 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
you must have spent some money on it to get those kind of figures

Ive seen reasonably tuned ones still struggle to hit the manafacturers *claimed*0-60mph

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

worX

posted on 4/7/07 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah I know Mark, but they were done before he bought it, and even though there's no doubting the fragility, they are still LOADS of fun!!!

quote:
Originally posted by CaLviNx
quote:

If it wasn't for the high running costs

new bottom end

the two parts listed above say it all

Thats scoobydoo's in a nutshell.

High running cost due to being as fragile as f*ck

McLannahan

posted on 4/7/07 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by worX
I don't care what others say about subaru's - I think they are the absolute dogs danglies!

If it wasn't for the high running costs, I would have one in a heartbeat!

I can't find a pic of my friends (McLannahan's) but it really was a cool car - big turbo, new bottom end, full cage etc!!!

Steve

Ahh....Scoopy memories!!

Scoopy...How I miss him...
Scoopy...How I miss him...

Would have another in a flash! In fact ...

Scoopy was a damn fine car and didn't cost much to run. As Worx said, I didn't replace the engine so was quids in!

Servicing was cheap (more regular than a normal car) but no more costly.

Biggest issue was insuarnce. Especially when I had a claim hanging over my policy. Yikes.

McLannahan

posted on 4/7/07 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
Christ I miss that car

mad dad

posted on 4/7/07 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
I've had 3 Scoobs and miss the last one so much....in fact i will get another one soon so if anyone wants to swap one for an immaculaute well sorted bec Indy of same value get in touch.....please...love the white RA..........

roadrunner

posted on 4/7/07 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
Thats all well and good, but have you seen the new one, YUKK.

McLannahan

posted on 4/7/07 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mad dad
I've had 3 Scoobs and miss the last one so much....in fact i will get another one soon so if anyone wants to swap one for an immaculaute well sorted bec Indy of same value get in touch.....please...love the white RA..........

Andy - Still pining then?? I remember our conversation at Stoneleigh! Have been looking on Bays all night looking at Scoobs...Sigh.

Have sold KC now though. Missing him already too so don't hurry into getting shot of yours!

All the best Andy

mad dad

posted on 4/7/07 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
yeah don't really like it but then i had an STI bugeye and did'nt like those at first but it was so well sorted...on the lookout for a good classic (96 - 99) in white or WR blue.

mad dad

posted on 4/7/07 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
i don't think the pining will ever stop the sound, performance and practicality....i could go on for hours...still the Indy is sorted now and i must admit is a great drive and the looks you get in tesco's are priceless.....having the rear arches painted orange at mo so will post up some pics when it gets back....take care and good luck on e bay keep me posted......Andy

oldmanmille

posted on 4/7/07 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
Well, I started something there with my scoob I must say...

I bought my RA for the track but it was that nice I only did one and just ran it back and to to work. Tegsport replaced the bottom end for me under warranty having only travelled 30 miles and bang

Then I took it to Steve Simpson who worked his majic and got me 382bhp at the flywheel and 360 ft lb. With the close ratio box the RA has it was awesome.

I out ran my own GSXR600 K3 with it up to a 100 and a GSXR750 K4 couldnt shake me off from a standing start - and that is gospel.

I miss the scoob like hell but i had two bikes in the garage that I tracked and her indoors was not a happy bunny. So scoob had to go and then I fractured my spine and bikes had to go. Damn....

Hellfire

posted on 4/7/07 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
Oldman - where was it measured - those are incredible stats!

Steve

higgsti

posted on 4/7/07 at 10:20 PM Reply With Quote
ive had 2 subarus now and apart fom service costs every 10k or 12months the only thing ive replaced is 2 sets of tyres in 40k mile .present one prodrive sti7 had it from new on 02 plate love the car and for what id get for it now im gonna keep it and run it into the ground.excellent tow car pulls my trailor and westy at some silly speeds
oldmanmille

posted on 4/7/07 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
measured at gthe flywheel and even steve simpson was amazed at the figures. He actually got a little bit more on the RR but deemed it wise to turn it down slightly. It was running 1.4 boost.

The guy I sold it to kept calling me up every week with tales of absolute joy and amazement as he had evo's, scoobs etc and had never driven anything so quick.

I was ready to buy it back off him the other month but he called me to say the bottom end had 'collapsed' again so didnt bother.

I spent a fortune on it wiythe remap, Blitz system, suspension etc.

I ran it at Anglesey on the old circuit and it was absolutely awesome and the handling was terrific. Fuel consumption was horific spent about £150 just on fuel - eek

twybrow

posted on 5/7/07 at 07:28 AM Reply With Quote
Another vote for the Classic Scoob. Nothing goes, sounds or feels like a Scoob. I love 'em and sure as hell miss mine. With hindsight, the running cost of my tin top has been just as high as the Scoob was!

zxrlocost

posted on 5/7/07 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
sadly a lot of them are now being driven by young kids whove made a quick buck and have no regard/money left for the cars so thrash them to death but dont even change the oil

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

fesycresy

posted on 5/7/07 at 09:59 AM Reply With Quote
I drove one of the first demonstrators in the country and wanted one ever since.

I nearly bought one for a company car a few years ago, but the salesman let me take out the Prodrive Sti first.

30k miles a year and a Prodrive Sti - not a good combination.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

McLannahan

posted on 5/7/07 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
Classic! Seems Scoobs a popular car with us lot!

We're all pining for our Scoobs back!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.