Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: my new toy
Aboardman

posted on 1/6/08 at 02:21 PM Reply With Quote
my new toy

just put a deposit down for this.
thought it was a good price at £1275. on a p plate, 22,000 miles.

[img]http://[/img]

[img]http:// [/img]

[img]http:// [/img]

[img]http://[/img]

CraigJ

posted on 1/6/08 at 02:50 PM Reply With Quote
Looks very nice, im after doing my bike test this year. Will be looking at a 400 though till insurace comes down lol.

Aboardman

posted on 1/6/08 at 03:19 PM Reply With Quote
I used to have a 400 till about 5 years ago, not ridden since.

insurance is £212 fully comp.

quote:
Originally posted by CraigJ
Looks very nice, im after doing my bike test this year. Will be looking at a 400 though till insurace comes down lol.

joolsmi16

posted on 1/6/08 at 03:46 PM Reply With Quote
new toy

I bought a gsxr 600 about a month ago for the summer months, haven't used it much but great performance for the money....
big_wasa

posted on 1/6/08 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
I had one of them. awsome

[img][/img]

sammy

posted on 1/6/08 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
Nice bike, I had one for a good few years. Always found mine very comfy and handles great on ordinary roads. Only problem I ever had was the carbs going out of balance which killed the mid-range power (easily sorted).

RF900
RF900

Build diaries...

r1_pete

posted on 1/6/08 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
Enjoy.... Nothing like an early morning ride out when the weathers good.....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Peteff

posted on 1/6/08 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CraigJ

You don't want a 400 sportsbike if you're taller than Richard Hammond You'd be better off with a full size bike and restrictors fitted or a 500 commuter bike.

I've been on a 600 teapot but not the RF900, they are nice bikes though and the price was good.

[Edited on 1/6/08 by Peteff]

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Paradoxia0

posted on 1/6/08 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
I have recently passed my bike test and got a CBR600F. Good bike. plenty quick enough and with an insurance premium of £230 fully comp for a first bike just after passing my test I was well happy!

The scary bit is I am getting more enjoyment out of the bike that the Luego... Maybe it is time to say goodbye to her

Mark

There is no replacement for displacement...

Mr Whippy

posted on 1/6/08 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
this is what I'm saving up for and getting next spring (buying brand new as I'm not going to sell it), ok so it's only a 250 but its more than enough for me realistically, so long as it can easily keep up with traffic that’s fine. It does up to 110mph and around 70mpg, 0-60 same as a WRX Scooby

Image deleted by owner

[Edited on 1/6/08 by Mr Whippy]

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Peteff

posted on 1/6/08 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
250s are hard work

You'd be better off getting a bigger bike and not having to thrash it as much through the gears Whippy. 0 to 60 is not a very good measure of bike performance in real world riding. GPZ500 was the best all rounder for its' size and it is replaced by the ER which looks a nice bike.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

rf900rush

posted on 1/6/08 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
One of those under rated bikes.

Had a RF900RR for a day.
Guess where the engine is now.

And my work commute on a NC29 CBR400RR.
50+MPG
< £100 insurance.
£33 Road Tax.
I just need to paint it green to be the perfect save the enviroment bike.

Mr Whippy

posted on 1/6/08 at 10:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
You'd be better off getting a bigger bike and not having to thrash it as much through the gears Whippy. 0 to 60 is not a very good measure of bike performance in real world riding. GPZ500 was the best all rounder for its' size and it is replaced by the ER which looks a nice bike.

Yeah I know, but its just a little toy to thrash about. I'm only 5' 5" and 80kgs plus I had a shot of a friends 600cc bike and hated it as it was too heavy and tall for me (I really was not happy as I thought I was going to drop it at points). The Ninja has twice the bmp of all the other 250's, red lines at 16k and is made for smaller riders, also is very light. I'm well past the age of scaring myself silly with crazy performance and just looking for a bit of fun. Believe it or not my old 125 is perfect apart from when on the dual carageway where its totally underpowered hence the wish for a 250 bike.

eccsmk

posted on 1/6/08 at 11:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
this is what I'm saving up for and getting next spring (buying brand new as I'm not going to sell it), ok so it's only a 250 but its more than enough for me realistically, so long as it can easily keep up with traffic that’s fine. It does up to 110mph and around 70mpg, 0-60 same as a WRX Scooby

Image deleted by owner

[Edited on 1/6/08 by Mr Whippy]

now that i do like
im planning my bike test this year might be a good choice for me that

eccsmk

posted on 1/6/08 at 11:06 PM Reply With Quote
kawasaki link

Simon

posted on 2/6/08 at 01:10 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
GPZ500 was the best all rounder for its' size ...

Gotta agree - a friend had one back in early 90's and I rode it a few times. Quick and very light. Sounds horrible when you listen to a ridden one, but sounds quite sweet whn you're on it

Mr W,

I first had an AR80, just to get me from a - b cheaply. That expired, so I got an AR 125 (six time the power, cool). Passed test and bought K100RT, then ZZR1100, then FJ1200, then Hayabusa.

Trust me, you'll soon tire of thrashing a little engine and changing gear.

ATB

Simon

Mr Whippy

posted on 2/6/08 at 02:28 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Simon
Trust me, you'll soon tire of thrashing a little engine and changing gear.

not being a smart arse but that’s actually what I like about the bikes, making them work for their money and I'm not looking for a long distance cruiser as I have the cars for that. I need something light small and zippy most of the time and this wee thing seems to fit the bill. I have originally come from mountain bikes so the thought of manhandling some large bike around doesn't appeal at all. Next door has a 1200cc sports machine that so heavy I can do nothing with it, that includes even standing still!

Never know though I might end up with a range of bikes...

Mr Whippy

posted on 2/6/08 at 02:37 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eccsmk
now that i do like

Makes sense I think and gives you time to build up riding experience. I looked a huge range of bikes, in fact at first I had said the one type of bike I wasn’t going to get was a sports one but after looking hard at the cruisers and commuter bikes with their very low power outputs for the capacity and the dodgy handling this Ninja has everything going for it and definitely one of the best IMOP. Big bikes are fine but they start to loose their fuel saving benefits, my 125 is doing over 115 mpg, I can’t put up with a bike that does the same as my cars…

eccsmk

posted on 2/6/08 at 10:15 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by eccsmk
now that i do like

Makes sense I think and gives you time to build up riding experience. I looked a huge range of bikes, in fact at first I had said the one type of bike I wasn’t going to get was a sports one but after looking hard at the cruisers and commuter bikes with their very low power outputs for the capacity and the dodgy handling this Ninja has everything going for it and definitely one of the best IMOP. Big bikes are fine but they start to loose their fuel saving benefits, my 125 is doing over 115 mpg, I can’t put up with a bike that does the same as my cars…

thank you mr w btw 3:37am??

RickRick

posted on 2/6/08 at 02:16 PM Reply With Quote
i've got an rd350, and used to have a cb500 till a saxo killed it, the CB was great for commuting even without fairings, good on fuel plenty quick enough and dead cheap to keep running i insured them both for £150 on the same policy with 1 years ncb
iank

posted on 2/6/08 at 02:31 PM Reply With Quote
Could you reach the handlebars? Though your power to weight must have been awesome.
Not sure about wellies but no crash helmet.

quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
I had one of them. awsome

[img][/img]

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Simon

posted on 4/6/08 at 12:07 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
..... Next door has a 1200cc sports machine that so heavy I can do nothing with it, that includes even standing still!

You want to get some muscles man - a girl I used to (motorcycle) instruct with had a GSXR1100H - she's 5' 4" and about 7 stone

Anyway, don't let anyone talk you out of something you've set your heart on

ATB

Simon

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.