Author: Subject: u2u sent
Jon Ison

posted on 14/9/08 at 05:02 PM Reply With Quote
u2u sent

As the title says, Ive sent a u2u
blakep82

posted on 14/9/08 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
erm... well done?

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Paradoxia0

posted on 14/9/08 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
Well it wasn't to me....

There is no replacement for displacement...

owelly

posted on 14/9/08 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
I have received a U2U but not from Mr Ison.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
chris_smith

posted on 14/9/08 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
need to speak to chrisw because i havent received it

The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows."

speedyxjs

posted on 14/9/08 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
So im assuming that was your first so you thought it was important to tell us?

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

blakep82

posted on 14/9/08 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
either that or he's taking the wee out the people who insist on making a post to tell everyone they've sent a u2u to someone, even though there's a little message that tells them in which case, i like it haha

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Fozzie

posted on 14/9/08 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
Yep ^^^^^^ I usually delete those threads when I see them.......but erred on the side of Jon taking the wee......

Just like when peeps insist, when they have more than one item for sale, on making separate posts/threads..... ......

Going by the rules........ more than 4 separate items for sale in a month.....and its 'Trader Status' .....or worse still.....Unregistered Trader.......

I've had a bad day...missed out on a 'longed for/much needed' day out to Windsor..... to look for a new work-shop....

Fozzie

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

blakep82

posted on 14/9/08 at 05:56 PM Reply With Quote
i like to post this
Description
Description

when i see one of those threads

McLannahan

posted on 14/9/08 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
If I ever post U2U sent it's not to inform the original poster but others that I've registered an interest in the item for sale. Then if it comes down to first dibs it's all there for people to see.

I'll bet that it's the same reason for many others too.

On another note - This is not the easiest forum software to use as end-users and if it worked better maybe people wouldn't bother. There's loads of things I'd add really - Select all would be a nice option in the U2 section....Is there an email notification for U2's??

Sorry to be blunt but that's my view!

blakep82

posted on 14/9/08 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
noooo we don't mean like in a thread where something's for sale, and you make a post in that thread tot say u2u set if you're buying something, but the threads that have a subject of something like "FAO McLannhan" and then it just says "u2u sent" and thats it

hobzy

posted on 14/9/08 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
The ability to see all the threads which have new posts since last on without having to subscribe to them all would be nice too. 3 times now I have posted something only to get no answers because the thread disappears off of the home page...

Fozzie

posted on 14/9/08 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by McLannahan
If I ever post U2U sent it's not to inform the original poster but others that I've registered an interest in the item for sale. Then if it comes down to first dibs it's all there for people to see.

On another note - This is not the easiest forum software to use as end-users and if it worked better maybe people wouldn't bother. There's loads of things I'd add really - Select all would be a nice option in the U2 section....Is there an email notification for U2's??

As Blakep82 said, its the '.....you have u2u's' started as a new thread, therefore taking stuff off the front page,
.... not a post of 'u2u sent' within a thread

As irritating as when someone has a few bits for sale, and posts a new thread for each item....therefore taking stuff off the front page.

No provision for email u2u notifications sadly, you will just have to 'look in' now and then..

I can't say that I have ever missed a u2u message..... they do appear in the centre of the header....... and I do get loads of 'em....

Hobzy, just click on the 'forum'...'Locostbuilders > Forum.... and you will see orange envelopes to the left, if there are new replies to threads since you last visited....

Fozzie

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

McLannahan

posted on 14/9/08 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

As Blakep82 said, its the '.....you have u2u's' started as a new thread, therefore taking stuff off the front page,

Fozzie

Ah ha. My bad.

Peteff

posted on 14/9/08 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
I haven't sent a u2u

so if anybody got one it was probably the one Jon sent Just thought I'd join in.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

hobzy

posted on 14/9/08 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fozzie
quote:
Originally posted by McLannahan

As irritating as when someone has a few bits for sale, and posts a new thread for each item....therefore taking stuff off the front page.

No provision for email u2u notifications sadly, you will just have to 'look in' now and then..

I can't say that I have ever missed a u2u message..... they do appear in the centre of the header....... and I do get loads of 'em....

Hobzy, just click on the 'forum'...'Locostbuilders > Forum.... and you will see orange envelopes to the left, if there are new replies to threads since you last visited....

Fozzie

Cheers, I knew that, but maybe no-one likes me/my posts or Ive just been unlucky in that no one knew the answers. Or I am too boring

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.