Board logo

Caparo T1
Fcck2000 - 8/9/15 at 02:56 PM

Well I drove past a garage in Long Stratton the other day and caught a glimpse of what I thought was a great looking kit car. Pulled over to have a proper look and nearly fell over when I saw the price of what I thought was a kit car £200,000
Having done some google work I see it's a bit more than a kit car :-)

What a machine

[img][/img]

Jenko - 8/9/15 at 02:59 PM

I think you would have to be clinically insane to buy one of those......

Was it the Caparo T1that tried very hard to kill Clarkson?.

Jibberingloon - 8/9/15 at 03:02 PM

Plato Crash!

https://youtu.be/M8NXWhZd-iQ

Ivan - 8/9/15 at 03:03 PM

Looking at tests on Utube it seems like it is stupid fast for the Stigs of this world - however it will get us mere mortals in a lot of trouble if we think we can even approach its limits. And in some cases it will even burn you

Doctor Derek Doctors - 8/9/15 at 03:16 PM

I wonder if anyone would have the cheek to enter one in 'Standard Road Car' Class at a hillclimb....

kj - 8/9/15 at 03:25 PM

love them

loggyboy - 8/9/15 at 03:43 PM

Made in Basingstoke!

Wadders - 8/9/15 at 04:30 PM

Mental...is it an optical illusion, or are the front tyres really skinny ? Look like pram wheels in the vid

Surprised no one has done a locost version of this car.

steve m - 8/9/15 at 05:00 PM

And its pig ugly

coyoteboy - 8/9/15 at 05:29 PM

It's a design influence of my Middy but I'll never reach the same weight

bi22le - 8/9/15 at 06:56 PM

I have heard they are very fast. . .

. . . at catching fire.

Joking aside it is very important that small companies do amazing engineering projects. It makes the uk what it is.

BigFaceDave - 8/9/15 at 07:21 PM

I don't know if that's the same one but there was one there about 2 years ago. Me and a few mates came back from Norwich after a night out and had to stop at about 3 in the morning and where promptly joined by a couple of police men asking what we thought we were doing at that time of the morning peering through the window and when they spotted what we were looking at the joined in and we all had a state for about 20 mins police included! Those where in the days when I had a social life!

coyoteboy - 8/9/15 at 10:29 PM

quote:

And its pig ugly

I'm going to get people's backs up here but I think it's a damn sight better looking than a locost/7 rep. Not quite as pretty as the BAC mono (which is lovely) but I much prefer it's styling to most cars I can think of!

Looks better in black:
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/hakk_capa_good_2011.jpg

[Edited on 8/9/15 by coyoteboy]

Fcck2000 - 9/9/15 at 09:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by BigFaceDave
I don't know if that's the same one but there was one there about 2 years ago. Me and a few mates came back from Norwich after a night out and had to stop at about 3 in the morning and where promptly joined by a couple of police men asking what we thought we were doing at that time of the morning peering through the window and when they spotted what we were looking at the joined in and we all had a state for about 20 mins police included! Those where in the days when I had a social life!

That's exactly what I did, I was driving past at 2am after a long working day and spotted it. Made me turn around to have a proper look. Went back the next day to have a good look, it stood next to a Caterham which made the Caterham look like a very small car. Hard to see in the pictures but the car really is quite big.

Thought it looked great in Orange but then I'm slightly bias :-)

Norfolkluegojnr - 9/9/15 at 09:31 AM

I live not far from here and see it regularly.

That garage always has interesting cars - astons, lotuses (loti?), various kit cars etc. often get told off by the wife for slowing down for a peek!

loggyboy - 9/9/15 at 09:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by steve m
And its pig ugly

Couldn't disagree more. Always thought it looks absolutely spot on.

Irony - 9/9/15 at 11:53 AM

I like the way it looks. I do think the BAC Mono is a better looking car though.

coyoteboy - 9/9/15 at 12:00 PM

It is a big car, 2.9m wheelbase and 2m wide! Christ knows how they kept it at 550kg. Well, lots of carbon, but still!