Board logo

Marussia at F1 test
davidimurray - 29/1/14 at 03:38 PM

I know F1 budgets are tight but surprised to see that this is how Marussia arrive at Jerez this afternoon!

Phil.J - 29/1/14 at 04:02 PM

Is that their trailer or the nose of the new car!

phelpsa - 29/1/14 at 06:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by davidimurray
I know F1 budgets are tight but surprised to see that this is how Marussia arrive at Jerez this afternoon!

That isn't an unusual method of transporting F1 cars!

bob - 29/1/14 at 07:28 PM

I was at a Silverstone test in 1994 and the Pacific F1 race team turned up with one of there cars on an open trailer with a tarp over the top, they also had a sprite major caravan with an Argos gazeebo.

I did think at the time it looked funny compared to the big players in the pits but to be fare they had the right idea, not wasting any of there tight budget got them through a season .......just.

Maybe Lotus should try this ;-)

eddie99 - 29/1/14 at 08:35 PM

adithorp - 29/1/14 at 09:02 PM

This is probably in very bad taste but...

That guy in the bottom right should be careful... He could take take an eye out on that tail lift.

BenB - 29/1/14 at 10:01 PM

Probably?

Coopz - 29/1/14 at 10:13 PM

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/motorsport/9665951/Marussia-make-it-to-the-test-after-breakdown?

GreigM - 30/1/14 at 10:12 AM

This was explained on Sky F1 last night. All the teams deliver cars in the same way when needed, nothing to do with cost/being cheap and more to do with speed of delivery. The small trailer behind a van doesn't have a lot of the restrictions of the large trucks - they can take different routes, get on more ferries/trains, have higher speed limits and more importantly don't have such restrictive driver/tacho regulations all which can slow down the large trucks.

[Edited on 30/1/14 by GreigM]