Board logo

Non return fuel system
carl M - 30/4/13 at 07:27 AM

Hi,

Hopefully about to finish my build, would like some opinions on proposed fuel system (Zetec, GXSR TB's, MS III)

- High pressure pump below swirl pot at rear by tank

- Presure regultor plumbed in next to TB's on fuel feed line

- No return from fuel rail

- Return from pressure regulator back to tank

Using the above as it means I can use original GXSR fuel rail with adding a return feed.

Will it work

loggyboy - 30/4/13 at 07:31 AM

Not sure its the same on all systems but isnt the pressure regulator intended to be after the fuel rail?

dave_424 - 30/4/13 at 08:04 AM

That's definitley one way you can do it. One thing that a FPR on the end of the rail will do is help cool injectors. But since there isn't a return system when the TB's are on the bike then there is no need. What you want to do will work just fine

Dave

britishtrident - 30/4/13 at 08:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
Not sure its the same on all systems but isnt the pressure regulator intended to be after the fuel rail?

Over the last 12 years or so a lot of tin tops have put the regulator and its' return bleed inside the tank.

scudderfish - 30/4/13 at 11:18 AM

You may get problems with fuel vapourisation sat idling in traffic on a hot day. You may not though

omega 24 v6 - 30/4/13 at 11:44 AM

I have a gsxr pump mounted to a swirl pot in the base of the tank. Only one pipe to the fuel rail (Gsxr) and no external fpr ( as its done internally to the tank) fitted to a 2ltr c20xe vauxhall engine.
No evaporation or pressure problems at all.

Valtra - 3/5/13 at 08:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dave_424
That's definitley one way you can do it. One thing that a FPR on the end of the rail will do is help cool injectors. But since there isn't a return system when the TB's are on the bike then there is no need. What you want to do will work just fine

Dave

That's a relief that's how mine is getting set up