Board logo

Aj30 parts
MootchA - 13/12/21 at 10:57 PM

Does anybody have a website where I can get new big end bolts, I am struggling to get some, tia

pewe - 14/12/21 at 11:05 AM

If you haven't tried him already might be worth giving Guy Broad a call - all round top bloke and dedicated Jag nut.

[Edited on 14/12/21 by pewe]

sdh2903 - 14/12/21 at 10:51 PM

Here is the jag part no. Item 6.

I've found my local dealer cheaper than anywhere online (always ask for discount, I usually get 10%)

https://www.sngbarratt.com/English/#/uk/FindParts/Families/S-Type/18/S-Type/49/ENGINE/3197/assembly/31242

Not cheap though. At that price I'd prob go ARP.

MootchA - 15/12/21 at 02:30 PM

Thanks for the link, will have a look.
I have checked out arp but they don't list any.

sdh2903 - 15/12/21 at 03:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MootchA
Thanks for the link, will have a look.
I have checked out arp but they don't list any.

I think if you determine the thread and length you'd prob find an arp bolt to suit its just they don't list specifically for the engine. I have them on mine but they are an aftermarket rod so couldn't say for definite if they were the same thread.

CosKev3 - 17/12/21 at 09:45 AM

If you are going to have to pay £11 for each standard bolt I would upgrade to H beam rods which come with ARP bolts tbh!

MootchA - 17/12/21 at 09:57 AM

Not sure if it justifies steel rods, it will be very standard to start with, will possibly drop to 2.5, single turbo later on, if I go that route I will then go steel,......and probably hit you with a few questions kev. 😉

CosKev3 - 17/12/21 at 11:12 AM

quote:
Not sure if it justifies steel rods, it will be very standard to start with, will possibly drop to 2.5, single turbo later on, if I go that route I will then go steel,......and probably hit you with a few questions kev. 😉

If you are deffo going for a turbo I would recommend going for the Mondeo Duratec rather than the AJ Jag engine.

I've found out the hard way the AJ valve springs aren't strong enough to handle a turbo.
Aftermarket valve springs are very expensive, and not much choice of supplier.
Piper springs are £500 for singles, £600 for doubles but to use them you need to convert to Pipers shim under bucket lifters which are a further £900
Where as the Mondeo engine you can just fit Piper springs and use the rest of the standard parts.

MootchA - 17/12/21 at 02:32 PM

Any chance of a few pics of your turbo set up, specs etc

CosKev3 - 18/12/21 at 04:10 PM

quote:
Any chance of a few pics of your turbo set up, specs etc

Message me your email and send pics.

This crap old forum won't let me upload any off phone