Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cleaning out my head
ChrisW

posted on 6/8/02 at 12:58 PM Reply With Quote
Cleaning out my head

After some recommendations please guys!

I'm planning on swapping the head on my 1.8 CVH to a one from an XR2. Apparently it'll give me a little more power as the 1.8 CVH was designed for economy rather than grunt.

Anyway, the problem is this - the head I want to use has been hanging around in my garage for a fair while so it's full of all sorts of crap (and was never really cleaned up in the first place as it was replaced with a flowed one). A friend of mine has offered to steam clean it at work - is that the best thing to do to get it cleaned up inside? Will I need to take the valves out first? (and if so, anyone of the w London guys got a valve spring compressor?)

Any other comments?

Cheers! Chris.

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
theconrodkid

posted on 6/8/02 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
you need TFR splashed all over that,bring it down ill do that and wash it off,might remove the valves if you bring food!
ChrisW

posted on 6/8/02 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
Will that get all the sh*t out? It's pretty messy! I'll give you a ring tomorrow cos I got the day off.

Cheers, Chris.

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JohnFol

posted on 7/8/02 at 07:44 AM Reply With Quote
TFR?
theconrodkid

posted on 8/8/02 at 05:17 AM Reply With Quote
TFR=traffic film remover,used on lorry bodies,works quite well and not as nasty as some chemicals

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.