Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Puma engine
paulbeyer

posted on 19/8/02 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
Puma engine

Someone at work has bought a puma and is ranting about how wonderful the engine is. By all accounts it was developed by Yamaha so uses a lot of bike engine technology. I found the following link....

http://www.fish4cars.co.uk/features/puma.html

Does anyone know anything about these motors 'cos i've not seen any reference to them being used in kit cars.

One company using them for racing is Swindon racing engines. http://www.swindon-engines.com/formula3/index.html

Could be worth investigating, what do you think?

theconrodkid

posted on 20/8/02 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
Its a small zetec,revs like thers no tommorow but watch out if you change the timing belt!
ChrisW

posted on 20/8/02 at 11:36 PM Reply With Quote
My mate has one. They're a 1.7 Zetec with VVT (variable valve timing). Goes like a rocket for the engine size but I'll bet you'd spend a bit getting one and remember it'll be too new to avoid having a CAT. Might be better to SVA with something older then put it in at a later date?

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
paulbeyer

posted on 21/8/02 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Might be better to SVA with something older then put it in at a later date?

Hi Chris,
That's what I was thinking. By the time I get my car finished and SVA'd I rekon there will be a few Puma's being broken. I reckon it could be a good alternative to the traditional route or the BEC route. Then I'd get the wee taken by both Mr. Ison and Mr Plastic Bum Chin.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.