Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Chopping Pinto Tappet Cover
James

posted on 7/3/03 at 01:25 PM Reply With Quote
Chopping Pinto Tappet Cover

I'm just at the stage of chopping the oil filler on the Pinto tappet cover and I've got an idea on how I want to do it but it's led to a couple of questions.

Basically I want to do it as simply as possible so I've aquired a MK2 Golf Tappet cover (which has nice low filler), chop this out then having cut out an appropriate hole weld it in where the Pinto one is.
Does this sound an ok plan? I'd certainly rather do this than move if to the back and have to baffle etc.

The only problem this leaves is the oil fume vent- presumably I do need one do I? With the Pinto it's built into the filler cap but can't be with the Golf one.

I was considering fitting a small pipe somewhere else on the cover (with a gauze shield of some sort) and then running the vent pipe from this- does that sound ok?

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers,

James

Viper

posted on 7/3/03 at 01:34 PM Reply With Quote
Thats basicaly what i have done, except the breather pipe should not exit to air, if you look at the original there was a pipe that came off the filler cap and went to the air box, so that is what i have done, put a pipe into the side of my cam cover and the other end into the air box, should keep mr sva happy...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Peteff

posted on 7/3/03 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
rocker cover mod.

I cut mine off and welded the original hole up. I put it back on at the rear on the opposite side to the carb. If I did it again I would put it on the very back end of the rocker as I think it would be easier. I also turned the standard carb round on its manifold to give me a bit more room and I had to put a dent in the rocker to accomodate it. Nothing catches so it's o.k.

yours, Pete.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.