Author: Subject: Peugeot Doner
Colin AH

posted on 19/6/02 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers mate, much appreciated.
Fatboy Dave

posted on 19/6/02 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
Colin,

good news and bad news:

The 2.3 Sierra engine is not an XU engine, it's an XD2, it may have the same bolt pattern, I don't know (still looking). On the plus side, you can have the LT77, using the LDV clutch and bellhousing.

I'm still looking at whether the XD2 engine can swap with the XU engine, I'll let you know how I get on.

Dave

Stop the planet, I want to get off

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Colin AH

posted on 26/6/02 at 12:51 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Dave or any other interested party. I think I have cracked the gearbox dilema. I came across a company in Kent that will make bellhousings to suit any engine to box combination. Give them the two bellhousings and they will cast a new one. Company name is,
Foundry Workshop
Melvyn Cockell
Unit TC10, Elm Estates
Elm Court
Capstone Road
Gillingham
Kent
ME7 3JQ
01634 404800

Thanks for all your help it is most appreciated. Now I just need to find someone to make me an oversized chassis and I will have cracked it.

Colin AH

posted on 26/6/02 at 12:55 AM Reply With Quote
Incidently, the LDV was fitted with the 2.3 and 2.5 Peugeot engine as fitted to the Sierra and the Pug 505.
Fatboy Dave

posted on 26/6/02 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Colin,

Sorry it's been a while, snowed under with work and finally getting made redundant as my company slid under

I had the address you gave, I was trying to find it, but as usual, about as tidy as a hippy in a sandstorm......

There ain't no Ford off-the-shelf bolt up available, as the pug 2.3/2.5 blocks were different. Oh well, at least you look sorted now....

Dave

Stop the planet, I want to get off

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

bobharrison115

posted on 11/8/02 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to post to an old topic. I got the book but won't start a build for a while (baby, bike project, time, money, etc...). The book says you can modify the spaceframe however you want (within usable reason) so if you want to use an Mi16 engine then why not make a mid or rear engined car?? (PS - I am a bit mad, I just bought a book on how to build your own helicopter, so I may be the only one stupid enough to consider a non front engined kit car)
Highcost builder

posted on 11/8/02 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
Hello bob, not in relation to your post, but your not the bob that used to live in yate near bristol are you?
Rick

posted on 11/8/02 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
Just a thought, if any of you want a cheaper way of getting a Mi16 engine, it is the same engine as fitted to citreon BX GTi 16v.
I had one years ago and it left my 2.9 xr4 for dead.

Rick

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
johnston

posted on 11/8/02 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
9if my memory is right im near sure ive seen a few rwd 205 rally cars usin the m16
and as most rally cars over here use quaife dog boxs based on the ford caseing im sure they did to so there should be a bellhousin somewhere

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.