Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New Zealand - Being legal here !
sweston

posted on 10/3/04 at 08:19 AM Reply With Quote
New Zealand - Being legal here !

The story, happy passing WoF since 1988(NZ equiv on MOT) every 6 months untill last week ! Sorry can't pass, no markings on windscreen to indicate it is toughned glass, wheels protude (5mm) from wheel arch, exhaust exits before rear axle .....

Have you got your "Modification Declaration Certificate" (all pre 1992 registered vehicles should have one), er whats that I ask. Call the LTSA who are very helpfull but no they do not have one for my vehicle on record. You will have to get a LVIM (Low Volume) inspection done.

The LVIM inspector checks the car against a seperate low volume standard which also takes into account the rules applicable when the car was first registered (or when the model was built if you build a replica). Its only NZ$ 600 for 1.5 hrs of inspectors time and the LTSA to issue a metal plate to be attached to your chassis.

Should have done my home work better before buying vehicle. A lesson the hard way.

kiwirex

posted on 28/4/04 at 09:10 AM Reply With Quote
Shite, really??
Bummer

Guess I was lucky - got my modified chevette just as the regs came in (that long ago?? wow!), and whipped off down to the AA to get them to do a bit of paper that said it had been done before the regs came in (it obviously had).
Got the plate and everything for about $60 at the time.

I'm pretty chuffed now...

I've only been had up about it once, since, when a guy at vinz in mt wellington said I was out of luck because the engine was more than 10% larger than the original, so I'd have to upgrade the brakes. I told him it had been done before the regs came in and he backed off. Didn't even have to see the paper.

Did you try going through the NZHRA instead?
Guess it's too late now.

- Greg H

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.