Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Turbo Log manifold
turbodisplay

posted on 20/10/09 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
Turbo Log manifold

Hi, I`m making a new turbo log manifold as my current manifold, goes to close to the passenger on the passenger side.
I`m using laser cut steel to make it, but I wonder what thickness mild steel is best.
I recon either 3 or 5mm, probbaly 5, but what wall thickness have people here used? (and if it worked).
Thanks
Darren

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
westy turbo

posted on 20/10/09 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
i made mine from 10mm so when you take it for skmming it leave about 7mm and will be nice and flat
turbodisplay

posted on 20/10/09 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
The flanges are going to be 10mm, i was making the "log" out of laser cut steel to form a 3d shape fron the 2d parts.
Thanks
Darren

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
djtom

posted on 20/10/09 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
I made the log part of mine out of a chunk of 50mm box section - that had 3mm walls and has worked fine. I can't pretend that it is exactly optimised for flow(!) but it fitted in the limited space available to me.

Tom

diy manifold and downpipe
diy manifold and downpipe

turbodisplay

posted on 20/10/09 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
Nice setup, like the external wastegate. It is not much different from some oem manifolds. If yours work using more of a pressure, rather than directing the pulses, then I know the relatively crude pulsedesign of my manifold wil work.
What boost pressure do you run?
Thanks
Darren

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.