Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cable clutch to hydraulic clutch...best way to go about...
alan87

posted on 16/12/13 at 03:05 PM Reply With Quote
Cable clutch to hydraulic clutch...best way to go about...

Afternoon,

I am in the process of converting my fury from cable to hydraulic clutch. As you can see below the current spacing for all the master cylinders will be wrong, and I need a new mounting point for the clutch ms. I'm thinking the simplest way will be just to cut out the bottom 3rd of bulkhead and weld in a fresh section in with master cylinder holes per cut.

Has anybody done this or similar that can verify?

Also does anybody have a cad template knocking around with master cylinder spacing that I could adapt?

[/URL]

samjc

posted on 16/12/13 at 03:50 PM Reply With Quote
Mine was semi similar as when i bought the car the pedals were far to close for my size 12s so i respaced them and cut out a large rectangle where the cylinders mounted to fit a new plate (bolted in for ease of maintenance) with my own setup and ment if i needed to change it again i dont need to cut and weld ect. I also used the old pedals but made a new base to space the pedals further apart.
samjc

posted on 16/12/13 at 03:53 PM Reply With Quote
With your setup wouldnt the easiest option be to space the clutch cylinder back from the others and widen the old cable hole allowing the push rod from the cylinder plenty of room. Just means a londer cylinder rod and some for of spacers and long bolts if you can secure it well enough like that.
alan87

posted on 17/12/13 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
Sam I hadn't considered spacing the cylinder back. I'll have a look tomorrow, but I don't think there will be enough space. I like the idea of a removable panel though. I may cut out a rectangle weld sa box section frame inside and then attach the panel to that. Would add some much needed rigidity aswell.

samjc

posted on 17/12/13 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
Ill try to find a picture of mine and pop it in my archive tonight for you as its much easier with a removable pannel. Altho above the pedals im making another removable pannel to easly adjust the bias bar ect rather than climbing down my foot well.
alan87

posted on 29/12/13 at 11:10 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Sam,

I've just checked your archive..are you able to upload those pictures?

samjc

posted on 30/12/13 at 12:22 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry slipped my mild uploading them now.
samjc

posted on 30/12/13 at 12:27 AM Reply With Quote

samjc

posted on 30/12/13 at 12:29 AM Reply With Quote
inside pedals
inside pedals

samjc

posted on 30/12/13 at 12:30 AM Reply With Quote
By the way alan87 who made your pedals ?
alan87

posted on 30/12/13 at 10:48 AM Reply With Quote
Sam thanks for those. The pedals are from fury sports cars.

Out of interest how did you cut/ measure the holes for the master cylinders on that plate?

samjc

posted on 30/12/13 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
No priblem sorry for the delay,
First cut the plate and taped the chassie holes ready to remount. I unded a hole saw but cannot remember the size i may be able to check for you if needs be and as for spacing i was fortunate to already have an old setup to work off as mine just needed the master cylinders moving from insode the tunnel to outside. But im sure people on here can offer measurements. I can check mine if needs be

Andy S

posted on 30/12/13 at 04:34 PM Reply With Quote
Yours also looks like an early chassis - Mine is a 2004 chassis and it does not have the added brace - the bulkhead does flex - alarmingly so worth redressing when you do the changes

This is from Rob Collingridge's site showing the later braced chassis

alan87

posted on 1/1/14 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Andy I had seen the bracing before and had intended doing something as part of the New pedals.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.