Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 2011 Spire GT-3 RGB Racer
Matt21

posted on 5/5/15 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
I saw you at croft yesterday, didn't manage to catch you in the pits though.
I was going to get some photos for you, but then you pulled back into the pits when I got my camera out! and by then I had to set off to aberdeen

yellowcab

posted on 5/5/15 at 05:19 PM Reply With Quote
Ahhh Matt thats a shame, would have been good for you to come and say hi

Where were you viewing from, and how was the cars behaviour looking from the outside? not necessarily speed wise, I mean behaviour, planted? loose? out of shape?

I know I was four-wheel drifting into the Complex which is a corner I felt like I had got right pretty early on

Matt21

posted on 7/5/15 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
I saw you mostly hitting clervaux/hawthorn corner

looks very well planted!
After I had first clocked it was you you were stuck behind slower traffic for a couple of laps, then had a couple of clear passes.
And you were flying! didn't look out of shape at all.

I was shocked at how much faster than other cars yours was, hopefully I can get to watch some races as I bet its epic!

Are you planning on anymore test days? im toying with either blyton or cadwell 27/28th may, cant decide which though

Andy D

posted on 22/5/15 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
Been through to Croft this aft to watch the 750mc test day. Mr Hewitt going very well.. mostly!

Nice lawn on the splitter there..

Shall be through tomorrow morning to watch the racing. Practice in the morning from 9-30 and racing from about noon. Sat & Sunday.

daniel mason

posted on 22/5/15 at 05:44 PM Reply With Quote
I might pop up Sunday for a look. I've got no events until 13th June!
Andy D

posted on 23/5/15 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
Well, not the best of days.. I'll let the man fill in the details, but a dnf in race one, meaning he'll be starting from the back tomorrow. Could be a very enjoyable race, but won't be good for championship points I expect.
Good luck for tomorrow Oll

daniel mason

posted on 23/5/15 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
I saw on Twitter he only managed 6 laps. Which is a shame!
Andy D

posted on 24/5/15 at 02:09 PM Reply With Quote
I couldn't make it though today, but eaves dropped on the live timing. Looks like we had a better day today, looking forward to the video!
yellowcab

posted on 25/5/15 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
Video shows the crash at Barcroft as I left the circuit and went from 124.1mph to Zero in 6.1 seconds into the tyres. Bodywork became loose and detached giving me no rear end downforce and thus getting spat off the circuit into a spin.

The brilliant VR Motorsport team turned it back around in 2 hours and sent me out for Race 1, which we had a DNF due to fuel pump disconnection after a spin.

In race 2 we have a 'green flag lap' in order to practice launches / starts off the grid, and to test the conditions of the circuit before the actual race… so then the green flag gets waved, practice your launches. I chose to see how the rear end of the grid gets off the line… I decided to change my line off the grid when it come with the race.

Race 2 was from the very back of the grid, managed to make up 14 places by the end of the first lap, then continued to cut through the pack as it got more and more difficult and finally taking home 4th position from Mark Betts on the last set of corners of the last lap in to the Complex.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M558TGMbdQ

INDY BIRD

posted on 25/5/15 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
Blinding video/race that you must have been well chuffed with that,

Great job and i'm glad you was ok after that impact, scary moment that,

Best of luck for the next race

yellowcab

posted on 25/5/15 at 12:30 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers pal - I was happy with my start off the grid gaining 7 places, then to continue to take another 7 within that one lap awesome.

I felt relaxed, a completely different mentality compared to when I'm towards the front of the grid

Thanks buddy

Wouldn't have been possible without my team putting my car back together!

PAUL FISHER

posted on 25/5/15 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
Some excellent driving and car control, nice lunge at the end to get you into 4th position
adithorp

posted on 25/5/15 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
Guess you needed new undercrackers after practice!
Nice result from the back, mate.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

INDY BIRD

posted on 25/5/15 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote
I suppose it's that attitude that got you to 4th nothing to lose from the back and everything to gain,

But a blinding result from the back of the grid,

Some more podiums to come I think after as Paul said great car control and race instincts,

Well done to you and your team,

[Edited on 25/5/15 by INDY BIRD]

yellowcab

posted on 25/5/15 at 01:20 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the kind words chaps… Just need to dial in a touch more setup, to prevent me from having to catch it when it does let go.

We have a staggering 8 week break now, until Anglesey in July…

mjb199

posted on 25/5/15 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
That looked like alot of fun. I bet the adrenaline was pumping at the end of the race.
yellowcab

posted on 25/5/15 at 10:30 PM Reply With Quote
I don't mind say that it felt like I had won the race… starting from the back meant I could go out and enjoy myself, rather than put pressure on myself to perform, which intern delivered a stonking result.

Needless to say, I think even if I had have started 6th on the grid, I wouldn't have had such a good result, because I would have probably over-driven the wheels off it

daniel mason

posted on 25/5/15 at 10:39 PM Reply With Quote
I don't think anyone could have caught that spin! It just instantly broke away,.
Andy D

posted on 26/5/15 at 08:26 AM Reply With Quote
Cracking vid Olly.. well the race two bit anyway, no shortage of action there!

Well done.

yellowcab

posted on 25/7/15 at 10:49 AM Reply With Quote
A stark stark difference from the race at Croft where I overtook 21 cars… this race saw me not overtake anyone, and not get overtaken lol (no, I wasn't in the lead lol)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Utk6qLxCnk

Andy D

posted on 25/7/15 at 01:47 PM Reply With Quote
Close at the end with the yellow car behind you?

Well done. Definitely established as a top sixer eh!

yellowcab

posted on 5/8/15 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
Qualified P3 on the grid for Snetterton 200, ever so chuffed with that result.

Blew my engine/ gearbox up on Lap 1, Race 1, which wasn't pretty… ending in a retirement & DNF - dammit.

My great team changed the engine overnight, and managed to get me out for Race 2 on the Sunday which I also qualified P3 for… stalled it on the grid (again - must be something to do with Snett) and dropped back to 16th position immediately.

Managed to fight my way back through the field resulting in a 5th, which I'm not overly happy with, but better than nothing.

My front facing camera packed up after I pipped Colin Chapman, so half the race shows rear camera only - sorry!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5cGX3d7cUI

yellowcab

posted on 5/8/15 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
As the camera on Oliver Hewitts camera did not work during the second half of his race - here is just the last lap showing the tussle between himself, David Wale (Yellow Spire 12) and onboard with Matt Higginson (AB Arion) looking back.

Olly managed to get a decent exit of Chapman Corner onto the back Bentley Straight, then David Wale moved into the centre of the circuit where Olly followed to keep in his dirty air tow, then Olly went to move over again, but David squeezed again, and finally Olly got aside, just and out-broke David into Brundle under the bridge to take 5th position

https://youtu.be/5-u2KT-wArw

Andy D

posted on 6/8/15 at 07:57 AM Reply With Quote
I watched that last lap pass on your rear view cam, but didn't realise how close you were to the car in front! Your crappy start may not be good for results, but it sure makes for an entertaining video!

Well done.

adithorp

posted on 6/8/15 at 09:23 AM Reply With Quote
Nice drive and vids but shame the front camera packed up, Olly. The Arione is going well now as a class F car in among the top end of the class R field.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

<<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.