Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Duratec V6 mounting points
v8kid

posted on 26/11/14 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote
Duratec V6 mounting points

The Jag version of the Duratec V6 has an awkward combined engine mount and oil filter take off plate on the left hand side of the block which gets in the way of exhaust manifolds.

It can easily be removed and replaced with a straight oil filter connection, with or without oil cooler, as in the FWD variants but what to do for engine mounting?

Anyone have pic or diagram showing how the front engine mounts in a V6 Mondeo and what casting tapped holes are used?

Cheers!

PS pic attached (not mine) to show oil filter on a mondeo variant. I thing the 4 holes to the left are for the power steering pump
Description
Description

[Edited on 26-11-14 by v8kid]

Also here is pic of Jag oil filter assembly - you can see why I want to get rid of it!

Description
Description

[Edited on 26-11-14 by v8kid]

You'd be surprised how quickly the sales people at B&Q try and assist you after ignoring you for the past 15 minutes when you try and start a chainsaw

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
40inches

posted on 26/11/14 at 10:00 AM Reply With Quote
I had the same problem. A fabricated engine mount would be huge, and complicated I opted to cut the oil cooler/filter housing off the mount and fit a remote filter.
The oil ways in the casting are a perfect bore to tap 3/8 BSPP and fit an adaptor for hoses. I will take some photos later, I only have this one at the moment.

v8kid

posted on 26/11/14 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
Would appreciate pic from a different angle. I was concerned that the oil pipes would be too close to the exhaust from this angle which is why I had second thoughts about copying you.

In the X type the oil filter screws directly on so the engine mount must be somewhere else and it might be easier to use this - hence the question.

Cheers!

You'd be surprised how quickly the sales people at B&Q try and assist you after ignoring you for the past 15 minutes when you try and start a chainsaw

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
40inches

posted on 26/11/14 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by v8kid
Would appreciate pic from a different angle. I was concerned that the oil pipes would be too close to the exhaust from this angle which is why I had second thoughts about copying you.

In the X type the oil filter screws directly on so the engine mount must be somewhere else and it might be easier to use this - hence the question.

Cheers!

The oil pipes are clear of the exhaust, I will get some photos up later.
The X-Type engine is mounted the same as the Mondeo, no mounts on the oil filter side of the engine ( the front/rad part of the car).

v8kid

posted on 27/11/14 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 40inchesThe X-Type engine is mounted the same as the Mondeo, no mounts on the oil filter side of the engine ( the front/rad part of the car).

Ah! that's why I could not find any pics online. How is the engine supported then?

Cheers!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.