Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: suspension design
Pseicho

posted on 2/1/05 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
suspension design

Can anyone tell me (eg give me pointers, show me a website) how I go about designing the suspension system?

I understand this is one of the first things that should be taken care of but it's also the most difficult one.

I want to build a mid-engined 2 seater with double wishbone suspension, like the lotus elise/vauxhall vx220/opel speedster, and I want to use as much parts of the mk2 toyota mr2 as possible.

britishtrident

posted on 2/1/05 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
Plot out roll centres of any mid/rear engined sports cars you can get info on -- MR2, X1/9, Europa, Espirit Elise , MGTF et al and use that as starting point.

posted on 2/1/05 at 03:46 PM Reply With Quote
I would stick to the locost suspension plans and build the rest around it (body-rear engine etc...) and probably have a look on some of the members' cars on the Mid Engine section:
Oh....and welcome!

cymtriks

posted on 2/1/05 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
Elise suspension

In the files/chassis section of the locost7.info site there is a document called kitcaranalysis-v2.doc.

There is a section in there giving suspension geometry and spring rate numbers for various cars including Elise, Caterham and McLaren F1.

Pseicho

posted on 2/1/05 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
thx for the replies

I got some suspension info from the lotus elise, but would that work on my car if I'd just copy that?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.