Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Megajolt
dave1888

posted on 13/10/05 at 11:21 PM Reply With Quote
Megajolt

Started building the Megajolt 3 Board tonight, the power components all fitted Rescued attachment megajolt 1.jpg
Rescued attachment megajolt 1.jpg

Monkeybasher

posted on 14/10/05 at 06:27 AM Reply With Quote
Looking good

I've just ordered a megasquirt V3 from bill shurvinton. I am looking forward to the challenge although somewhat worried about my limited skills in electronics and mapping. A steep learning curve ahead I feel.

Steve

paulf

posted on 14/10/05 at 08:01 AM Reply With Quote
Ive got a few of them also, just waiting for a few parts before i can finish building them. Rescued attachment DSCF0064.JPG
Rescued attachment DSCF0064.JPG

James

posted on 14/10/05 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
Probably dumb question but is there any disadvantage to the V3 board over the previous versions? I'll probably start out just with MS but it'll still run MSnS-E if I want to move to that at a later stage won't it?

Cheers,
James

[Edited on 14/10/05 by James]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

Monkeybasher

posted on 14/10/05 at 03:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James
Probably dumb question but is there any disadvantage to the V3 board over the previous versions? I'll probably start out just with MS but it'll still run MSnS-E if I want to move to that at a later stage won't it?

Cheers,
James

[Edited on 14/10/05 by James]

I'm very much a novice with regards MS just now, but the only disadvantage I can see to the v2.2 is that it costs more and there are lots more components to solder on. I am going for the V3 board and downloading new firmware onto it to allow me to run the EDIS ignition setup. The V2.2 will do this too but I wanted to be up to date.

Cheers

Steve

dave1888

posted on 14/10/05 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
The finished product minus case Rescued attachment megajolt 2.jpg
Rescued attachment megajolt 2.jpg

MikeRJ

posted on 14/10/05 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Monkeybasher
Looking good

I've just ordered a megasquirt V3 from bill shurvinton. I am looking forward to the challenge although somewhat worried about my limited skills in electronics and mapping. A steep learning curve ahead I feel.

Steve

I built the V3 megasquirt, the stimulator and a relay board in an afternoon. It's not overly difficult, though the E-Line transistor (the Zetex transistors) pads are very close together so a fine tipped iron is required.

Monkeybasher

posted on 15/10/05 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
quote:
Originally posted by Monkeybasher
Looking good

Steve

I built the V3 megasquirt, the stimulator and a relay board in an afternoon. It's not overly difficult, though the E-Line transistor (the Zetex transistors) pads are very close together so a fine tipped iron is required.

cool, how are you finding the mapping and software side of things.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.