Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: is the any adapter plates to put a citroen or peugeot engine to a type 9 box?
lee201283

posted on 24/2/03 at 09:30 PM Reply With Quote
is the any adapter plates to put a citroen or peugeot engine to a type 9 box?

is the any adapter plates to put a citroen or peugeot engine to a type 9 box?
Stu16v

posted on 24/2/03 at 11:29 PM Reply With Quote
Yes I think there is....

Yes I think there is.....

Yes I think there is.....

Sorry, couldnt resist

Apparently Hot Rod racers used to use the Pug engine a few years ago, and I doubt they fitted them to anything other than a Ford gearbox. I suggest the first place to try would be George Polley.

Or you may be able to use a gearbox out of the latest Ley/Daf 200 series vans, which have a diesel Pug engine fitted to the R380 gearbox (designed for V8 power).

BUT, if considering to fit to a Locost, measrure carefully before choosing. The Pug engines lean toward the drivers side of the car, with the exhaust also on the drivers side. Remember you will need to fit a steering column and brake system in there somewhere too.
Things get bloody close with 'conventional' engines...

Cheers, Stu.

Dont just build it.....make it!

Browser

posted on 28/2/03 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
I've posted elsewhere about this so sorry if you've already seen it. THe LDV 400 Pilot used the 1.9 XU diesel engine whose block is (allegedly) the same as the petrol engine's so that gives you a bellhousing. I've tried the hot rod route before but everyone pointed me to Flowtech who used to make bellhousings but went bust a little while back. I got in touch with a chap at a company Called A Frame Engineering who said he'd make me one but as my project hasn't even got to the 'clear the garage prior to starting' stage I haven't gone any further! If I can find A Frame's number I'll post it.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.